I am so PI**ED OFF

Quote:
But it's not the color of a bruise, unless their bruise is a different color than ours.
( sounds like a dumb statement, huh?) Anyway, her leg is the color of her eggs.
idunno.gif

Jen

OOh..i see..
You mean her legs? Yeah.. some EE legs are greenish color...

Or do you mean her thigh.. the skin under the feathers? (thats what i was talking about)

Maybe some breeds do have green skin.... never knew that. Interesting!

oh, i'm glad for your annie, and i went through the same thing
hit.gif

i think i posted it here before: my "matriarch" sex-link was killed by a neighbor's weiner-dog. not a peep from her other than, "i'm sorry," and "you BAD dog" (not a bad dog; he did what she allowed him to do). "he's never done that before." porkie: he's gotten under the fence at least three times. never offered to replace her; and not a word since. besides: weiner-dogs are bred to hunt and dig, so aside from her laziness, he was just doing what he was bred to do.

if my dog killed someone's animal, i'd offer some sort of restitution (if i could), but that's my peck and her half-bushel.

i have great affection for (and affinity with) the beasties...and told her (as i held my dying hen) that if that dog was on my property ever again, i'd kill it. i kept a metal pipe handy for a while after (a gun is a bit much for a weiner..!).

really--to kill anything other than a housefly is pretty big stuff for me...

Last edited:
Quote:
I didn't know they let you have guns on that side of the pond.

tongue.png

You must have a licence for a gun and no criminal record to get one. I think rifles and shotguns anyway not sure about anything else. A lot of farmers in this country have them and will not hesitate to shoot any dog terrorising their lifestock.

Quote:
I have to agree with this statement but add: I truly think I love my chickens more than most people love their dogs. I am a frugal and practical person and my chickens won my heart when they laid me eggs...the only pet I have that gives back in a "material" way, lol

Back
Top Bottom