I am so, SO angry at the US military!!!

hugs.gif
I have been there and done that. My entire family is, was and more than likely will be when they grow up military. Even when everything falls apart always show your husband love him (not that you dont) and that you will be there being there being super woman while supporting him and caring for your amazing kids.
hugs.gif

Thank you all for prayers and well wishes. My kids are 6, 4 and 2. I am just really frustrated, with all the mixed messages, and all the bait and switch. I am TRYING to find peace, since there isn't much I can do, other than call people and raise holy hell... which DH hasn't given me permission to do.. yet... I am reading the bible, and am waiting to give up my frustration to God, and become resigned to the situation, whatever it turns out to be.

chickensducks&agoose :

Thank you all for prayers and well wishes. My kids are 6, 4 and 2. I am just really frustrated, with all the mixed messages, and all the bait and switch. I am TRYING to find peace, since there isn't much I can do, other than call people and raise holy hell... which DH hasn't given me permission to do.. yet... I am reading the bible, and am waiting to give up my frustration to God, and become resigned to the situation, whatever it turns out to be.

That is pretty normal to feel like you are getting the run around, and deployment is a fact of life in todays military. I personally think the best thing you can do for your husband is be strong and supportive so if he does have to leave he will know you are capable of handling it, your heart may be breaking on the inside but you have a smile as the tears roll down your face as you say "goodbye" It is hard enough for a soldier to leave his spouse and kids and do what they know has to be done. I have been where you are many times, I understand.
hugs.gif

Also even if his promotion does not come through before he leaves there are boards down range, and promotions tend to come faster and they can easily fix the grade/pay increase down range if that happens.
Ok enough of me talking, I just have been where you are right now and I feel your frustration and pain.​

Quote:
That is pretty normal to feel like you are getting the run around, and deployment is a fact of life in todays military. I personally think the best thing you can do for your husband is be strong and supportive so if he does have to leave he will know you are capable of handling it, your heart may be breaking on the inside but you have a smile as the tears roll down your face as you say "goodbye" It is hard enough for a soldier to leave his spouse and kids and do what they know has to be done. I have been where you are many times, I understand.
hugs.gif

Also even if his promotion does not come through before he leaves there are boards down range, and promotions tend to come faster and they can easily fix the grade/pay increase down range if that happens.
Ok enough of me talking, I just have been where you are right now and I feel your frustration and pain.

I think that this is great advice. People often don't realize that when a military member goes overseas the way the spouse handles the seperation can have a strong affect on how the soldier handles the deployment.

I know a lot of spouses that vent to other spouses but are careful to wait until their husbands or wives return from overseas to tell them of their problems. This is because there is nothing that the deployed person can do about the problem and who wants a loved one to be worrying if they are in a dangerous situation?

So while the soldier is protecting the country, his or her spouse is protecting the soldier.

Military spouses have to learn to be very strong.

I am currently a military wife, though my husband has served me "divorce" papers just this sat. It's hard, but me and my 2 little girls will be ok, I believe it in my heart and have faith that God will get us through this.

I just wanted to say it has been my experience with being a part of the military for 3 years now that it seems things are said a LOT and never followed through. Your husband has to keep seeking the answers, going higher up...and basically bug them, for someone to finally do something about it. At least this is our experience.

I don't know how many times he would call and tell me one thing only for it not to happen or change the next day. It got to the point where he kept from telling me things because it always changed. It's very very frustrating for us living that way.

I'm sorry you're husband may have to go but God will grant you the strength and wisdom to carry on and to be the loving mother you are to your children and the devoted wife you are to your husband... so help us God we pray in Jesus' name, protect and carry this family. Thank you for this family who speaks Your name. Amen.

Love in Christ,
Gretchen

Back
Top Bottom