Quote:
WOW LETS SEE===

PROS-
THEY'RE WHITE
THEY'RE COTURNIX
ROOS ARE AGRESSIVE BREEDERS

CONS-
IMO--- THEY ARE MORE AGRESSIVE IN COMMUNITY-- AT LEAST WAYS THE ROOS ARE
AGAIN ROOS ARE AGRESSIVE BREEDERS( THEY TEND TO BE A LIL MORE ROUGH ON THE LADIES
AGAIN IMO--- ROOS ARE MORE VOCAL--- MY A&M MALES CROW ALOT MORE THAN THE REST OF MY COLORS--- MAY JUST BE ME IDK? BUT IF ANYONE IS OUT THERE CROWING ALL HRS OF THE DAY AND NIGHT ITS MY WHITE MALES

SEXING--- LOOK AT THE STICKY POST AT THE VERY FRONT OF THE STRING ON QUAIL--- NIKI(MONARC) HAS COVERED IT IN GREAT DETAIL. BASICALLY THE GOLDENS AND BROWNS CAN BE COLOR SEXED ONCE BREEDING AGE--- THE TUX, TIBETAN, A&M, AND ROSETTAS, ETC ALL NEED TO BE VENT SEXED.

Oh Almost Forgot, The Best M/f Ratio Is 6 Hens Or Less Per Roo. Too Many Fertility Is Not So Good, Too Few And The Girls Take A Lot Of Beatin--- Kinda Like Buying A Used Car From Avis Or Hertz....

Taste--- All Coturnix Are The Same Here... They Differ Greatly As Compared To Bobs, But As Fas As Coturnix Go All Colors Are Coturnix And Taste The Same. The Easy To Sex Colors Are The Browns --- Any From Wild Pharoah Size To Xld-1 Jumbos And The Goldens.

As Far As Amount Of Meat The Bigger The Better! There Are Jumbos Available In Most Colors, But In My Experience The Jumbo Xld-1 Seems To Be About The Biggest. Also The Bigger The Bird And The Older The Bird = The Biggest Eggs. As A Hen Lays In Time The Eggs Continue To Get Bigger. The Bigger The Egg= The Better Chance At Chick Hatchability And Survival To Adulthood.

Lastly Least Noise--- Wow If I Could Answer That1 I Wouldnt Be Working For A Living..... Lol--- Seriously Tho Its An Individual Thing.... Depends On The Roo. You May Have To Do A Lil Shopping Here On This 1, If He Crows Too Much After They've All Settled In And Are Living Happily Ever After Then Replace Him.

Okay, I'm going with The Jumbo Xld-1 . I really appreciate your easily-understoood brevity. I've added all that to the original Word document of your previous reply on another post. I'll buy some young ones from someone in a couple of weeks when I finish the barn coop remodeling that Anne and I have been doing all summer. I'll have a good 2-x16-foot coop for three roosters and a dozen females. I feel like you've condensed/summarized a book. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom