I am so upset,dog ATTACKED MY 3 WK.old Goose!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BackSwampGirl, Mar 7, 2009.

1. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    [​IMG] I have never seen the worse today.We went to put our geese out of the house,along with the little Black East Indies.And everything was fine,and all of a sudden,A DOG OUT OF NO WHERE CAME AND TOOK ALL THE DOWN FROm UNDER AND AROUND HER LITTLE NECK,tried to get my other goose I finally got my hands on here and took a stick to her and she pulled away from me,and then went for my black East Indies.So she was bleeding so bad,did not know what to do.Finally got the dog off and the dog turned on me.The little goose lost right much blood.Called the vet,and he said that if it did not want to eat and drink it probably would not last long.And if that one died ,soon the other one would die too.I can`t hardly stand it.It is almost like you can`t have anything these days.Very upset and sad!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Isolate her and keep her in a warm, dark place.

Clean her wounds with saline solution.

Make sure she has plenty to eat and drink.

She's likely in shock right now, so peace and quiet will help her.

As for you, here's a great big hug: [​IMG] Take care of yourself, and keep us posted.

3. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    [​IMG] Wild dog or someones?? That stinks [​IMG] I hope you get it straightened out.

4. BackSwampGirl

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    [​IMG] Thanks so much,that is what the vet said to do.And I did not just post thsi and leave,I had to go help her.I have to hold her just like a baby.She is drinking and eating some.But she is so swollen around her little neck.She is so precious,and I love her so much.She has a mate and they are so close.
    I am afraid if this one dies the other one will die. [​IMG] The dog was as strange dog just wondering up and saw them and he scratched me too.He is not here now....He is gone...... But her little neck is so pitiful...I know saline,but can you make your own.Home remedy????? Please let me know,,God Bless you all,,Sandra [​IMG]

5. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    the dog will be back because he knows where there are things for him to chase now... get your gun ready.

6. BackSwampGirl

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    [​IMG] Go to all my friends.Thanks so much,yes if the dog does come back,it has got soemthing coming for him.A hotwire fence,top and bottom.And a Shotgun waiting.I don`t think he will get away with this.I cna`t even get a chance to rest for having a problem with some else dog.Ours stays home and don`t wandering off.Thanks agian,and keep Praying for this little gossey. [​IMG]

7. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    [​IMG] my prayrs go out to you and your injured animals, i ope they will be okay, i know the feling, it sucks, just keep her as comfortable and warm and snugg as possible... u both need alot of tlc right now [​IMG]

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I am so sorry. I hope the little girl makes it. Just keep following the advice of the folks here.

And as for the vet...well I would look for another one personally. to give that type of advice...it if does not eat or drink it will die and if dies the other one will probably too? I mean come on oh he would have gotten an earfull from me for being an incompassionate twit.

9. chook pen jen

chook pen jen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Collie W.Australia
    Hi , saline to bath wounds is just salt water boil the water add 2 table spoons of salt to boiling water stir until desolved ,then wait till it cools and use. hope this helps you and your little goose. [​IMG]

10. dave_OH

dave_OH New Egg

Feb 28, 2009
    Seaman, OH
    Sorry to read about your geese, I hope they ALL recover 100%, I am going thru a similiar situation with one of my hens.

I know how I am going to deal with my neighbors dog........ I plan to "shoot & shovel". I will not have this problem again with "their" dog.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by