I am so upset,dog ATTACKED MY 3 WK.old Goose!!!

BackSwampGirl

Songster
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
Richlands,NC 28574
hit.gif
I have never seen the worse today.We went to put our geese out of the house,along with the little Black East Indies.And everything was fine,and all of a sudden,A DOG OUT OF NO WHERE CAME AND TOOK ALL THE DOWN FROm UNDER AND AROUND HER LITTLE NECK,tried to get my other goose I finally got my hands on here and took a stick to her and she pulled away from me,and then went for my black East Indies.So she was bleeding so bad,did not know what to do.Finally got the dog off and the dog turned on me.The little goose lost right much blood.Called the vet,and he said that if it did not want to eat and drink it probably would not last long.And if that one died ,soon the other one would die too.I can`t hardly stand it.It is almost like you can`t have anything these days.Very upset and sad!!!!
hit.gif
fl.gif

Isolate her and keep her in a warm, dark place.

Clean her wounds with saline solution.

Make sure she has plenty to eat and drink.

She's likely in shock right now, so peace and quiet will help her.

As for you, here's a great big hug:
hugs.gif
Take care of yourself, and keep us posted.

hit.gif
Thanks so much,that is what the vet said to do.And I did not just post thsi and leave,I had to go help her.I have to hold her just like a baby.She is drinking and eating some.But she is so swollen around her little neck.She is so precious,and I love her so much.She has a mate and they are so close.
I am afraid if this one dies the other one will die.
hit.gif
The dog was as strange dog just wondering up and saw them and he scratched me too.He is not here now....He is gone...... But her little neck is so pitiful...I know saline,but can you make your own.Home remedy????? Please let me know,,God Bless you all,,Sandra
fl.gif

hugs.gif
Go to all my friends.Thanks so much,yes if the dog does come back,it has got soemthing coming for him.A hotwire fence,top and bottom.And a Shotgun waiting.I don`t think he will get away with this.I cna`t even get a chance to rest for having a problem with some else dog.Ours stays home and don`t wandering off.Thanks agian,and keep Praying for this little gossey.
fl.gif

hit.gif
my prayrs go out to you and your injured animals, i ope they will be okay, i know the feling, it sucks, just keep her as comfortable and warm and snugg as possible... u both need alot of tlc right now
hugs.gif

I am so sorry. I hope the little girl makes it. Just keep following the advice of the folks here.

And as for the vet...well I would look for another one personally. to give that type of advice...it if does not eat or drink it will die and if dies the other one will probably too? I mean come on oh he would have gotten an earfull from me for being an incompassionate twit.

Hi , saline to bath wounds is just salt water boil the water add 2 table spoons of salt to boiling water stir until desolved ,then wait till it cools and use. hope this helps you and your little goose.
fl.gif

Sorry to read about your geese, I hope they ALL recover 100%, I am going thru a similiar situation with one of my hens.

I know how I am going to deal with my neighbors dog........ I plan to "shoot & shovel". I will not have this problem again with "their" dog.

Back
Top Bottom