I am wondering what breed to get for white eggs

Definitely white leghorns! They're the best producers out of all the leghorns, AND they're adorable.
wild tillie.jpg

I have a California White. She's given me an egg a day since she started laying in December and quickly moved from her initial Medium eggs to Large.

I wouldn't call her temperament "flighty" but she's active, curious, and mischievous. She can fly out of and back into the pen (48" electric net), any time she wants to and is almost always the first to investigate anything new or different that's going on.

She's not a cuddle-pet, but she squats for me and follows me around hoping for treats.

I also think that the white feathers with the black specks are attractive (though I was hoping for something more like dalmatian-spots).

0105211659.jpg

0120210857_HDR.jpg

My white Leghorns are still too young to lay eggs (17 wks old) but they are my favorites for personality. They are crazy, curious, athletic (very good flyers). They are also pushy, rude, flighty and messy eaters and I love them for it.

I agree with LEGHORNS!

Beautiful shiny white eggs, honestly the WHITEST of all chickens.

Come in a range of lovely colours

Not tiny but not fat

Convert minimum food to maximum eggs

SUCH sweet personalities!

SUPER hardy, really tough with injuries and illnesses too!

I also suggest leghorns, I have 3 brown leghorns, they lay large white eggs.
But I also recommend Appenzeller Spitzhaubens, they lay white eggs too. I love this breed, they are quirky and friendly, medium size and very reliable layers. The eggs slightly smaller than leghorns. If you can find this breed, you might consider them. Where do you live?
View attachment 2506033
Beautiful Chickens!!

Back
Top Bottom