I Bit the Bullet and Ordered Chicks

And I just realized that you said "NEGATIVE too many chickens." I don't want to be negative too many chickens. I have to add more to bring the number back up to the right amount.

Oh, thank you for setting me straight!
Negative too many chickens, because on our homestead, most of ours have names, lay eggs, are chicks, roosters, or for sale. So....negative chickens! We might even have no chickens! :eek::clap

I ordered my current ducks and future geese from Metzer. If you order chicks from them, they come from elsewhere. This batch is coming from Meyer, which is in Ohio. I'm in CA. My original 4 chickens (my gateway flock, if you will) came through California Hatchery. Silly me, I thought it was a hatchery in California. It's a middleman-type outfit.
Gotcha, thats interesting. Well I hope your order arrives alright, I'm sure it will.

Mpc is a middle man for meyer so you should of went with them from the start but ive ordered from both never had an issue though did order from mcmurray before and all 25 came dead but was the postal systems fault not the hatchery they have no control on how their boxes are handled

Mpc is a middle man for meyer so you should of went with them from the start but ive ordered from both never had an issue though did order from mcmurray before and all 25 came dead but was the postal systems fault not the hatchery they have no control on how their boxes are handled
When I first started with chickens, I didn't know all of what I know now. Live and learn, live and learn...

It's so funny. My son says that Leghorns are the "default chicken," but I really love their big floppy combs. They make me think of those fancy schmancy fascinates ladies wear at the Lentucky Derby and royal weddings.

But "default chicken" is hilarious!

I'm calling them Saffron and either Sweet Pea or Snowdrop. I'm leaning Snowdrop because, you know, they're white.

Back
Top Bottom