I bought a broody mama and she has 7 eggs!

Thanks! When I do move her to the new coop I plan to just put her and the whole nesting box she's in, in the coop. I won't attempt to move her and the eggs separately if that makes sense?
Makes sense! That' s a great idea.
While moving her, try to be as careful as possible, and maybe do it at night so she doesn't really see what's happening. You can do it anytime, as soon as you finish that coop and secure it from any possible predators. I think the earlier the better.

Bonus pics of her little set up. **Please keep in mind this is VERY temporary**
20211030_112200.jpg

I just didn't want to move her to a new coop so soon after moving her to a new home.
20211030_112157.jpg

She'll have a new coop probably tomorrow afternoon.
received_1519443711747894.jpeg

I just didn't want to move her to a new coop so soon after moving her to a new home.
Good idea. That would've stressed her out even more.

She'll have a new coop probably tomorrow afternoon.
That's a great little coop! Plenty of space for her to roam around :) May I ask how you built that, and with what materials? Did you use a building plan?

Good idea. That would've stressed her out even more.

That's a great little coop! Plenty of space for her to roam around :) May I ask how you built that, and with what materials? Did you use a building plan?
I actually had someone build it for me! It's a great little coop! She'll only have 3 or 4 other silkies in with her so plenty of space!

I actually had someone build it for me! It's a great little coop! She'll only have 3 or 4 other silkies in with her so plenty of space!
I would recommend leaving her completely alone.
Any other company could stress her out, and they could attack her or her eggs - with a chance of breaking the eggs and killing the chicks inside.

As @NatJ has mentioned.

My internet was acting up so I couldn't use BYC for the past hour or so.

Back
Top Bottom