I bought a crowing hen? XX or XY...?

Its definately a Rooster with those tail feathers and comb and wattles as big and brite as they are! Sorry
sad.png

Update---

What the heck x 2!!! Now my other hen is crowing!!! What was this breeder thinking? I know I'm new, but could I really have such bad luck? Tell me your thoughts on this nutty bird...
64117_img_0736.jpg

She doesn't have the curled tail feathers ,her wattles aren't as big, BUT SHE'S CROWING.

That gives me hope...the second one looks more like a girl than my first one! She's thicker around the middle, he's a bit trimmer. His tail feathers stick up higher and curl. Hers are thicker. Seriously, they looked so similar until a few days ago! Now, I have 9 roosters to rehome...darn packaging peanuts! My daughter has her favorite (Buff Orpington named Gibby) What to do, what to do!!!

Thanks for the help!

Sorry, two cockerels. At this point in the game pullets woould not have wattles and combs that large and red. They wouldn't be crowing either.

Looks like the breeder took advantage of you being a newbie. If they were this age when you got them, their sex had to obvious to anyone who has raised chickens very long.

Back
Top Bottom