I broke my incubator...I found 1 local but.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jessika, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    Ok.....I was candling and I knocked over my BRAND NEW incubator 1588 [​IMG] ....they are not very durable lol

Not good......I have a still air set up for hatching (running 101 F at the moment) so I put my 5 live eggs in there. Poor eggs....

I called around locally and best I can find is a still air with turner ($99.00)...or a circulated one with turner ($150.00). I need to leave in the next hour or so to go get one of them...(there at different stores) which one should I get? I am so indecisive. Whats the hatch rate difference? Any other advice

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    oh no [​IMG] Did the whole thing break or just a part of it? Do you already have a turner?

3. Jessika

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    I broke the Styrofoam and the turners little plastic part that connects to the motor. Motor seems ok and maybe I can Jerry rig it to work again. The rest of it seems OK. Man...I am a klutz....can you believe I am a graceful waitress for a living...LOL

4. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I don't have any advice on which 'bator, but I am sorry you broke yours:(

5. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I'd keep the eggs in the hatcher and contact the manufacturer to see if you can get a replacement piece. I believe they sell individual tops and bottoms for the 1588. Would save you a lot of $. You can always hand turn. It's not too bad.

6. Kung Foo Chicken

Kung Foo Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

If the styro isn't too badly broken there is a glue for it at the craft stores. I cracked the corner of mine and used the styro glue with two toothpicks embedded inside to hold till the glue dried.

7. Jessika

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    on my way to go get glue and go look at the bator. I don't know why I didn't think about a glue! Thanks! I am going to see if I can find some plastic glue for turner too.......just maybe....wish me luck!

8. homeandbarnbasics

homeandbarnbasics Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2008
    Tallassee, AL
    Jessika,
    I keep some parts for the turners. Tell me exactly what part is broke and I will see if I can get you a replacement (or take apicture and email it to me). Give me a hollar at 334-991-4069 or [email protected]. If I have what you need we can do priority mail first thing Monday.

Hope I can help
    Tony

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Jessika I have a turner that the motor went out in, I live a ways away but if Tony doesn't have what you need maybe you could put your motor on this turner?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  10. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    How wonderful that you are all trying to help her! BYC'ers rock!!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by