I Broke My Leg

Pollitos Mami

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 18, 2011
The Caribbean
I broke my leg on Saturday and I ran out of feed today. I cannot drive and the feed store is 40 km away - NO cabs. My husband is away through Wednesday so I need to know what to give my 5 month old chickens until then. They've been eating tortilla cucumber beets & tomato but is that enough? I wanted to give them canned corn but I think there may be too much salt. I may boil it in water than rinse it and try to give them some then. But just wanna make sure there's nothing else I can give to make sure they're full.

welcome-byc.gif
Sorry it is under these circumstances you are hear. I am also sorry you broke your leg. I do not know the answer. I hope someone with more knowledge can help you. Is there anyone around you that could go to the feed store for you? Good luck. Do you have older chickens? If so you could feed them some of their food in a pinch.

You can feed them greens, like spinach, kale, lettuce, and fruits, like apples, grapes, peaches, also if you have any healthy grain cereal (not the sugar laced stuff), oatmeal, or cottage cheese and yogart. Mine love just about anything I give them.

anything for a day or so, bread, cereal, fruits, etc...dry oatmeal, cooked oatmeal...whatever you want...they will be ok

Yes, eggs are great! Hardboil them, scramble them with no oil, etc. Eggs are great nutrition and they love them! Just don't feed raw eggs, or else they may become egg-eaters.

I think boiling and rinsing the corn might work great, do that and taste it to see if it's still salty. Corn is low protein, so if you feed them some make sure to give them yogurt, cheese, or some eggs.

Back
Top Bottom