I can’t be the only one....

Pics
I got down on Sprightly's level yesterday, to have a word with her about her sass and other general socially unacceptable behaviours. And she kept nibbling my ear! didnt want to listen at all. Just played the "I'm cute" card. Honestly, when will they listen??
Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by CBC

Big Momma hasn’t laid an egg since early summer (broody 🙄)

Leia has been molting the last couple weeks so no eggs from her either

We just finished off our supply of eggs so I had to get some at the store this morning (which is super annoying, if you know you know)

Then I get home and found what I think to be one of our new ladies first eggs! It’s tiny, that’s why I think it’s from a new layer.

84DBC7EE-57E0-4331-BCE5-EF0222766900.jpeg

Wahooooo! Got 6 new ladies this year for more eggs, bring them on!!

My ladies (and couple gents) love to lay under my porch swing. I really don’t mind except the huuuuuuuuge mess they leave under there.

Finally decided to try some owl decoys to see if it would keep them off my patio.

Worked so good the first 8 hours or so….

…. then Maple decided
he isn’t so scary….
he’s kinda cute….
he’s now got himself a girlfriend 🤣 like it or not

7E1EA7C5-29E3-4E4C-B09E-079499A11E6C.jpeg

and ofcourse everyone else followed and are back to laying under the swing 🙄

Owl Decoys: 0 stars

My ladies (and couple gents) love to lay under my porch swing. I really don’t mind except the huuuuuuuuge mess they leave under there.

Finally decided to try some owl decoys to see if it would keep them off my patio.

Worked so good the first 8 hours or so….

…. then Maple decided
he isn’t so scary….
he’s kinda cute….
he’s now got himself a girlfriend 🤣 like it or not

View attachment 3304142
and ofcourse everyone else followed and are back to laying under the swing 🙄

Owl Decoys: 0 stars
hahaha!
Thats hilarious, and also unfortunate 😂
I've been working on Dougie's sassiness lately. We're developing  boundaries

Yesterday I left their pen door open, I was inside cleaning up their mess and had left it open so I could come and go. Dougie decided to sneak out the door while my back was turned, happy quacking and heading for the grass!
I turned around, walked to the open door and said "ahh ahh ahh!" and she ran back inside, around my feet, laughing.
She knew she was being naughty, but at least she corrected herself 🤣

hahaha!
Thats hilarious, and also unfortunate 😂
I've been working on Dougie's sassiness lately. We're developing  boundaries

Yesterday I left their pen door open, I was inside cleaning up their mess and had left it open so I could come and go. Dougie decided to sneak out the door while my back was turned, happy quacking and heading for the grass!
I turned around, walked to the open door and said "ahh ahh ahh!" and she ran back inside, around my feet, laughing.
She knew she was being naughty, but at least she corrected herself 🤣
Bahahaha that Dougie! She’s a naughty one.

Boundaries? What are boundaries?? 🤣

Back
Top Bottom