I can’t stop!!! More baby chicks!

Every time our washroom brooder frees up, I slip and come home with more chicks 😂 This last batch has been great at mixing ages. I have 4 weekers, 2 weekers, and two that are under a week-ish all together right now. Must.resist.more.
I’m hoping my two sets mix well before going to the coop so I just have to section off one space. They’re about 5 1/2 weeks apart. With the silkies being older and a small breed I’ll probably wait to add them all to the coop together when the youngest care ready. 🤞

I had 16 chickens.... then I hatched 16 more.... and a new rooster to come... eh, who cares!? 🤪
Come spring I’ll probably be even worse with so many silkies! Our previous silkies have all had a tendency to be broody haha we’re planning on re-vamping the chicken coop in spring so the more the merrier!

My mom works at Tractor Supply and brings home chicks all the time! 🤦🏼‍♀️
I’m at our Tractor Supply all the time! One day I went in and they had at least a hundred chicks and about 30 ducklings. I didn’t get any but the next day I dropped the kids off at school and was like okay, I’ll just get a few. Went back and they were ALL GONE! I was like who bought all those chicks 😭 he said they marked them half off and someone snatched them all up! I live in a pretty rural area so I’m not too surprised. The Tyson factory is also just a few miles down the road…maybe they’re cutting corners 🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom