I can hardly stand it!

Chickenp00p

Songster
Jun 4, 2020
This is my first ever hatch, and I am so impatient right now! I don't know how you guys do it. It seems to be much harder now that I can't touch them LOL. This is technically day 18, although I think one of the eggs will probably come earlier than the rest. I thought I saw him trying to peep through the air cell yesterday. I'm so nervous that something is going to go wrong at this final stage, but also so excited to see some little chicky or hear a peep! I will post pictures on this thread and my other thread, which is titled "egg Topsy - how far along? "

The eggs are going to be a mix, they were given to me from a friend. It's possible I have a silkie in there, and the rest only time will tell.

5 out of 6 chicks are in the brooder enjoying themselves! They all came out great. There was one that pipped the wrong end and was having some trouble. I broke a tiny bit of shell to give some room and put her back in, she hatched the rest of the way just fine! I have 1 egg left in the incubator and it just pipped the shell a little while ago! Yippee 👍😄

Attachments

• 20200702_122045.jpg
    20200702_122045.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200702_122003.jpg
    20200702_122003.jpg
    511.6 KB · Views: 4
It will probably be fine, I had one last hatch that made it out perfectly. It might take a little bit longer though since its external pip is also it's internal pip. So give that baby plenty of time.

My little side pipper made some progress, just poked through the membrane and cracked some more shell.. I am so excited to see these little cuties!

Hopefully they all hatch!

I'm sure hoping so! They were all moving last time I checked. The temp keeps dropping in the incubator all of a sudden though. It's going to 98, which I've read is okay. The humidity has been around 65%-73%.

Back
Top Bottom