I can see them moving!

tink0602

Chirping
8 Years
May 7, 2011
I candled some of our 8 Muscovy Duck Eggs tonight, and could see some of the wiggling around!...(at least I'm pretty sure!)
big_smile.png

Totally new to incubating eggs. These were rescued after the mama was killed in front of the nest.

I was so excited!
wee.gif

As a newbie, I have been trying to research everything so that they turn out okay. I think I have to go get something to measure the humidity, but right now I have just been keeping the trays on the bottom full every 4 days or so.

So sorry to read of what happened to the momma duck. Was she sitting on them for a while before she killed? Muscovy eggs do better when at least started under a duck. It will be a nice legacy if you can raise some of her babies

We hope to keep a little bit of her alive by saving the babies. She had been laying them for about a week, and had just started to sit on them the night before. My kids were so excited to see her out there on them finally. They ran out to peek on her the next morning and found her dead with feathers everywhere. They were so upset.
sad.png

Now, they can't wait to hold and take care of her babies, though.
smile.png
We had named her sugar, so now we are already thinking of new names - like brown sugar or powdered sugar!

Back
Top Bottom