I can sex your pullets and cockerels!

Do you like my thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Pics
I got several what I think are silver laced wyandottes in my Cackle Surprise box. Can you venture to tell me whether I have pullets or cockerels? They are 4 weeks old tomorrow. To be honest I'm not sure how many birds I actually snapped photos of (I think three are represented), but if you can give me a general guideline based on features of birds, below, I can use it to figure out the group of 5. Thank you!

Attachments

• phone chick pics through 6.27 021.jpg
    phone chick pics through 6.27 021.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 24
  • phone chick pics through 6.27 022.jpg
    phone chick pics through 6.27 022.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 23
  • phone chick pics through 6.27 023.jpg
    phone chick pics through 6.27 023.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 22
  • phone chick pics through 6.27 024.jpg
    phone chick pics through 6.27 024.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 21
  • phone chick pics through 6.27 026.jpg
    phone chick pics through 6.27 026.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 21
  • phone chick pics through 6.27 027.jpg
    phone chick pics through 6.27 027.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 20
  • phone chick pics through 6.27 028.jpg
    phone chick pics through 6.27 028.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 20
I got several what I think are silver laced wyandottes in my Cackle Surprise box. Can you venture to tell me whether I have pullets or cockerels? They are 4 weeks old tomorrow. To be honest I'm not sure how many birds I actually snapped photos of (I think three are represented), but if you can give me a general guideline based on features of birds, below, I can use it to figure out the group of 5. Thank you!
Considering how much tail feather there is on that one chick, I'd say pullet -based on that alone, I know there are more factors to look into. Sooo, Post pics back when 8 weeks old of each bird to have a much better idea. :) adorable chicks tho!!!

They are too young to tell their gender, post again in a couple weeks.

So this girl (I hope) was sold to us as a silver-laced Wyandotte. But she looks nothing like our other Wyandotte and looks a lot more like our australorp, except that she has some white in her wings. She's about 7 weeks old and is bigger than the other 3 that are the same age, and is probably the most adventurous of the bunch. So: pullet? And any thoughts about breed?

Attachments

• IMG_3896.JPG
    IMG_3896.JPG
    476.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3897.JPG
    IMG_3897.JPG
    472.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3900.JPG
    IMG_3900.JPG
    474.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3902.JPG
    IMG_3902.JPG
    418 KB · Views: 22
So this girl (I hope) was sold to us as a silver-laced Wyandotte. But she looks nothing like our other Wyandotte and looks a lot more like our australorp, except that she has some white in her wings. She's about 7 weeks old and is bigger than the other 3 that are the same age, and is probably the most adventurous of the bunch. So: pullet? And any thoughts about breed?

I think she's a jersey giant pullet.

What color is the bottom of her feet?

Back
Top Bottom