I can sex your pullets and cockerels!

Do you like my thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Pics
that is a girl!
Sassy,
This is why I'm confused. The 3 siblings look like this one. Basically no waddles and will let me turn them over no problem

Attachments

• IMG_20170717_131810506.jpg
    IMG_20170717_131810506.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 38
Light Brahma, little over 3 months old. When not stressed or hot color is not red and returns more to rose/flesh. 1 Tail feather extends way beyond siblings and waddles are definitely longer. Thoughts? TY!View attachment 1078917

I'm really unsure about this one... I'm thinking cockerel?

These are a bunch of seven-week-old probably-silkie crosses with a lot of easter egger in them. Most of them have peacombs.

In other words, they're pure and distinguished mutts.

View attachment 1079241 Little girl--I really hope this one's a pullet. View attachment 1079251
Baby--I'm thinking pullet?
View attachment 1079244
Bruno--Boy?
View attachment 1079245 Bruno again.

View attachment 1079246 Brenda.
View attachment 1079250
Bubba. Which in German, means "Son," so he'd better be a boy.View attachment 1079242
Billie. Hen, I think?View attachment 1079257
Big bird's either a rooster or she needs hormone therapy.

Thanks for any help!

Brenda and Big Bird are the only obvious cockerels right now.

pullet or cockerel?View attachment 1079453 View attachment 1079454 approximately 4 months

Pullet

View attachment 1079545
Happy
View attachment 1079546
Joy

Both about 4-5 weeks old. I think they are partridge silkies.

Too young

Would greatly appreciate some input on if our sweet Rose is actually a Ross. I began to notice how much she talked and this morning she sounded as if she was going to crow. Her comb was this developed and red when we brought her home. I also noticed small spurs developing, but our chick that just started laying eggs also has them so I feel that can't be the deciding factor.
We were told she is around 12 weeks and an Easter egger.

Cockerel.

Hello again!
I posted a while ago on this thread and I'm back to update with more pictures of my Mocha. S/he's a easter egger who I'm hoping is a cockerel :fl :p
In these pictures she is 8 weeks old.View attachment 1079558

S/he doesn't have many tail feathers but the ones s/he does have look like this.View attachment 1079559

I also read somewhere that when your sexing easter eggers, if their head and hackle feathers are different colors, they might be a rooster.View attachment 1079560

Comb pic
View attachment 1079561
And here is a comb pic of her sister (Same age as Mocha)View attachment 1079567

I'm unsure about these ones, Mocha has a pretty red comb for 8 weeks though. Right now, it looks like Mocha is a cockerel and it's sister is a pullet. Please post again in a couple weeks so I can be sure.

Needing a little help here. What do you say about these. The 2 in question are the closest in the photos, Dominique and cochin bantam that are next to each other. The last one is for fun, we know he's a cockeral, he's vocal and needs a home if anyone is interested or maybe point me to the right thread but we are still confused about the 2. About 18 weeks old. Nothing vocal from the red her name is ginger she has been exploring the nest boxes, the dom is big Beatrice again nothing vocal, some squatting but the comb and waddles mange me wonder about both. Thanks in advance. View attachment 1079676 View attachment 1079677 View attachment 1079679 View attachment 1079685

I see 1 Dominique cockerel, 1 cochin cockerel, and 1 frizzle cockerel in those pictures.

View attachment 1079742 View attachment 1079743 Any idea if these are pullets or roosters? 7wks old... Thanks In advance

Pullets

IMG_0804.JPG
IMG_0808.JPG
IMG_0810.JPG
IMG_0827.JPG
Hello!
I know it's pry way to early to tell. But I have a 6-7 week old Silkie. Any idea or suggestion on what they think it is? Roo or hen?? Also is it gray or considered blue? Just looking for some tips in what to look for. Thanks in advance!

I'm really unsure about this one... I'm thinking cockerel?

Brenda and Big Bird are the only obvious cockerels right now.

Pullet

Too young

Cockerel.

I'm unsure about these ones, Mocha has a pretty red comb for 8 weeks though. Right now, it looks like Mocha is a cockerel and it's sister is a pullet. Please post again in a couple weeks so I can be sure.

I see 1 Dominique cockerel, 1 cochin cockerel, and 1 frizzle cockerel in those pictures.

Pullets
Ok, thanks so much for the input! Ill post some more pics in a week or two. :)

Back
Top Bottom