I can sex your pullets and cockerels!

Do you like my thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Pics
Is it possible my blue EE is a pullet and has a true peacomb? The 2 obvious pullets have single rows, and the other 4 were cockerels. The boys all have cherry red big combs and obvious red wattles and two are starting to crow. And then there's this one... 3 row comb but no wattles to speak of, definitely not as red.I'm not good with body shape or feathers...

8 weeks old

View attachment 1074321 View attachment 1074322 View attachment 1074323 View attachment 1074324 View attachment 1074325

img_1116-jpg.1074322

This one Looks Like A Roo. Is There Only One?

img_1116-jpg.1074322

This one Looks Like A Roo. Is There Only One?

This is the only one thats baffling me. Out of the 7, 4 cockerels were very obvious with large red combs & wattles early (bigger than this one now) and the pullets are still yellow and single combed. This one has the 3 lined comb thats pink (it looks darker in this photo, the outside headshots are more accurate colorwise of the comb) but no wattles at all, and no color in that area. Neck feathers seem rounded to me. Stumped haha

This is the only one thats baffling me. Out of the 7, 4 cockerels were very obvious with large red combs & wattles early (bigger than this one now) and the pullets are still yellow and single combed. This one has the 3 lined comb thats pink (it looks darker in this photo, the outside headshots are more accurate colorwise of the comb) but no wattles at all, and no color in that area. Neck feathers seem rounded to me. Stumped haha
I'm not 100% sure yet. So definitely post again in a couple of weeks!

Could you post more pics in a couple weeks? So far, it looks like a hen, but it has a very large comb for a pullet.

Definitely will... this one has me stumped. I posted my crew younger around 5 weeks old, and out of the 7 it looked like I had 5 cockerels (including this one) and 2 pullets. The 2 pullets are still very feminine, yellow single combs etc. The other 4 suspected boys are very much roos in appearance now. They have bigger combs even than this one, bright tomato color in the comb and wattles, two are starting to crow and the tail feathers are longer. This one has the 3 row comb like the boys, but its much paler (the outside headshots are the most accurate color) no wattles and no red in wattle area... feathers seem rounded on neck. I have no clue!

Nothing says rooster to me yet.... but it can take a while to tell the sex of silkies.

View attachment 1074572 View attachment 1074571 View attachment 1074570 Hi guys! I need some reassurance as I cannot have roosters. Here is a pic of my 13 week old speckled Sussex. I'm hoping pullet... what do you all think?

Looks like a cockerel, but could you get a clear picture of the saddle feathers so I can be sure?

Back
Top Bottom