I cannot belive my eyes - A chicken who does not like worms.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ScissorChick, Mar 9, 2011.

1. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    I pulled back a log, and there were probably 20 somthin' worms under there!

I called the chickens, and offered one to my newest roo... He looked at it. Clucked.

and left. [​IMG] What tha? How in the WORLD does this bird NOT like worms? Ohwell.

His favorite is bread and banana. But you can FORGET the worms.

2. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    We had a box left over from fishing and my 4 girls wouldn't touch them either. They'll tear up some mealworms though!

3. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    I can understand where he's coming from. I don't like worms either, too slimy texture lol [​IMG]

4. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    Quote:[​IMG] I guess so! haha but the hens take all of the worms!

5. HeritageHens

HeritageHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    Orygun
    When my chickens were just chicks, I only had 1 that would eat worms. I've now noticed that my pullets who have started laying are all really fond of worms. Their interrest in worms was very sudden with the production of eggs so I'm guessing they just want the extra protein. I have one holdout (Dark Brahma) who isn't laying yet and she doesn't gorge on worms, unlike the others.

I spent considerable time last weekend in the garden with the girls. I got so much pleasure out of turning over the soil with 5 pullets jostling for the prime position to pluck out any hapless worm - of which there are tons in my compost rich soil.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by