I can't be the only one................

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crazypetlady, Nov 22, 2011.

1. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Whose Thanksgiving day cleaning consists of moving incubator/hatchers/brooders from the family room to some other more "appropiate" location (the office) I mean how can I check on the chicks due to hatch every five min. if they are not in the living room with me. I had to move the shipped egg wrapping/unwrapping station from the dining room table to "GASP" the basement. And where will I collect the eggs for the NYD swap/hatch if I can't do it on the custom made entertainment center? Isn't that what it was "custom" made for? DH thinks it's for audio/visual equipment. What does he know. I really miss the week old silkie chicks chirping at me all day. Do the same rules apply for Christmas too? I lnow all bets are off for NYD hatch the chicks will be back in the living room bwah bwah - evil laugh

2. Jewels1935

Jewels1935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    LOL I'm trying to organize my house right now! ...chicks, laundry, dinner, chicks dumping bowls, going outside, inside, outside, inside..[​IMG] it's worth it though!

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    You are not alone.....I'm going to have to relocate the incubator, which is filled with 14 bantam cochin eggs, and three bantam Polish eggs to a discreet location tomorrow too.

And I've got a live turkey in the backyard who will be wandering around, visiting my guests as they arrive. I know he will gobble at them.....They will probably wonder what's for dinner......

What's a poultry lover to do? [​IMG]

4. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    OMG.....I just moved my 5 day old Buff Silkies to the (heated) barn this morning. They were in my living room. There is NO way I'm moving my bator. I have 3 dozen Silkie eggs in there. If the guests mind, they can stay at the HoJo [​IMG] (Sorry Dad)

5. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    Glad I'm not the only one, but all of my peepaliousness is in the dining room. Where oh where to put the brooder and bators!! I guess I will have to move the brooder to the spare bedroom, and I refuse to move the bators. Those eggs are stacked in there with such precision, I'm afraid to move them. I will make sure they are on the center rotation just in case anyone accidently bumps the table! My DH will soooo not like me for refusing to move my eggs, but I really like them better than most of the people coming over [​IMG]

6. bzbrown

bzbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

We are also planning to spend the day rearranging things so that the spare room becomes my "mom cave". I have a lot of hobbies, and right now have a sewing machine, serger, and incubator all in one corner of our bedroom while another bedroom sits mostly unused, other than a Lego playground... So this weekend the husband and I are making some major changes, and I'm gonna do some building :)

7. rachelcb80

rachelcb80 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2011
    Mississippi
    Quote:"Mom cave", I love it! LoL About a year and a half ago I relocated my kid's massive supply of toys from a little nook off the living room into their bedrooms. I took over the nook with my sewing table and all the other goodies that go along with that (book shelf, fabric shelf, ect). My kids don't even remember that's where their toys were (they're now 6, 4 & 3) but they saw a home movie the other day and noticed their toys in that area. They went nuts wanting that space back for toys. Not gonna happen!

As for my incubator, brooder, etc, that's all located in the laundry room. I really, really love my laundry room. It's junky and piled high with stuff. The counters stay cluttered but I can just shut the door when company comes and nobody knows but me. [​IMG]

8. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:I LOVE this word "peepaliousness". I may have to borrow that one!!! [​IMG] Hey.....your chickies work hard all year for you, laying all those eggs. It's like giving birth for you everyday. Those people are only coming over to mooch a meal. Right? [​IMG]

9. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Quote:I stopped having people over for the Holidays a while ago. Life is much easier now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by