I can't beleive it!!!!!!! Silkes

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chilling in muscadine, Jan 7, 2009.

1. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    I have 5 baby silkies in the house under light still. Not sure of the weeks, but they are not baby baby but still very young and remember Silkie now. Well one of them crowed this morning. I'm like what the [​IMG] With silkies I can not tell the sex until they crow or an egg pops out but I have never had one crow this young. Maybe he is gifted. [​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Lol. I also had a silkie chick crow very young. He was only 3 weeks old.

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] That is a riot!!!!

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Well, if you can catch him in the act, at least you won't have to wonder about his gender for the next 6 months. [​IMG]

5. candypantsyarns

candypantsyarns Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2009
    Dale, TX
    how fun - I think this post should have an enabling warning attached though [​IMG]

6. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Wowzer............that's all I can say! Can't imagine one so small and it must have been so darn funny![​IMG]

7. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    When we first heard it we thought something was wrong with one of them. Now Snakeman has been in there crowing at them trying to get the silkie to crow back. Now that is funny.

8. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Awwww, cute !!! I had a lady tell me one time she had a silkie baby crow at a week old [​IMG]

Guess he wants you to know he's the man !!

9. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:He can be "The man" just hope he is the only one![​IMG]

10. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:I definately need to catch him in the act. Mayby Snakeman will with all the crowing he is doing with these babies. You got to get a mentle picture of all this. Snake has long hair, longer than mine and I have real long hair and he has a beard down to his belly button. He looks like he should be riding a Harley not sitting crowing at some baby silkies. [​IMG] I think I'm gonna ask for hush money from him.[​IMG] lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by