So, in my last post on here, people said my chicken coop is too small for my flock. I have 5 silkies and 3 modern game bantams and my son came home with 4 fertilized eggs but only 2 hatched the other 2 met their demise - so I have 1 baby silkie and 1 baby modern game. I was so proud of myself for being able to identify them at birth - they were both the same color but one had 5 fingers! Anyway, I had to get a bigger coop and I scrounged around everywhere looking for bigger chicken coops and manoman... the cheapest one I found was $600! There was no way I could afford it so I went ahead to the great unknown of DIY coop building. I've never built anything in my life! You should've heard me try to explain to the guy at Lowe's... "I need screws to connect 2x4's to build a frame."... "What are you framing?"... "A chicken coop"..."You'll need 2 1/2 or 3 inch deck screws."... "I'm not building a deck, I'm building a chicken coop..." Anyway, I drew out a plan on paper and ended up throwing the thing away. After I put together the 4 sides, I kept on running into stupid mistakes... like, the coop sides was supposed to be 4 feet wide but it ended up to be 4 feet and 4 inches, so the siding board is too narrow, so I had to use deck boards to put up the side walls. Sigh. So the only thing left to do is to put the door on - I figured out how to do that I just haven't done it yet. Put the flip-down door on the side for easy egg gathering - also figured out how to do that just haven't done it yet. Put the dishpan egg boxes. And the roof - haven't figured out how to do that yet... seems like there's some tricky mathematics involved in the thing. So, I thought I'd post a picture to brag about at least accomplishing this much and to keep me motivated to keep trucking along until it is done done done.