I cant believe its been a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My labor contractions have always felt like period cramps X 100, increasing to X 1000! Braxton Hicks were sometimes uncomfortable, but never really painful for me.

Excited for you all... you'll have little babies before you know it!
smile.png

I usually can tell the difference between the two, but with this last pregnancy I went into false labor and it totally made me second guess myself when real labor hit bc the week before when it had been false it was really painful.

I actually walked, took a shower and all that but my contractions were not timeable although strong.I hung around for 2hrs after they had started questioning myself bc of the whole "they arent timeable" thing and ended up almost having the baby in the car by myself.

I decided to go in just to get checked and had her less than 20min after getting in the door...contractions never got timeable either LOL. Next time if I feel pain I am just heading in.

I have been though it 7 times now. Baxton Hicks always felt the same as early labor. I often start to nest. I wanted to clean everything. I washed curtains, scrubbed the floors even washed to cat.
The day I go outside to wash all 15 of my hens I bet by evening I will be in heavy labor.
gig.gif

My water broke during early labor with four of the seven kids. For two of those I I did not go into labor and one of those I was induced because of the 24 hour limit. I love the one that says you are no longer modest. Ha Ha
lau.gif
That's when a male nurse asks you to change and you do it even though the door is oppen and both the nurse and your husband are still in the room but you are so into the labor you don't even think about it.
I found this info on

http://www.birthingnaturally.net/birth/flabor.html

Maybe this can help. The real truth is every single pregnancy is different. EBWY If the doctors said go to the hospital ask them what they mean.
You need to go to the hospital sometimes even if you are not in labor like if your water breaks or if you have high risk factors.

Avoiding a disappointing trip to the hospital

One of the biggest concerns for first time parents is how to know when it is ‘time’ to go to the hospital. As labor nears, your body will be cycling in and out of periods of contractions that can be confusing. Many families make the trip to the hospital only to be sent home because it was ‘false labor.’ You can avoid the mad rush to the hospital for a false alarm if you prepare yourself with an understanding of the labor process, use tools to determine if you are in true labor and prepare your body for true labor.
The Labor Process

Contrary to popular movies, labor seldom begins with a sudden strong contraction that makes the mother double over. Instead, your body begins preparing for labor weeks before your baby is born. This is because the labor process is controlled by hormones. It takes time for your body to build the hormones to the levels necessary to maintain labor.

As your baby becomes ready for birth, his brain and the placenta begin releasing a series of hormones to prepare his lungs for breathing. These same hormones cause his body to produce oxytocin, the hormone that stimulates your uterus to contract. Because hormones transfer between your blood and your baby’s blood, the hormones your baby produces affect you as well.

Your baby’s oxytocin increases your estrogen production. Increased estrogen production increases your uterine sensitivity to the oxytocin your baby is making causing an increase in contractions. The estrogen your body made increases your body’s production of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins help to soften the cervix so it is ready to stretch to allow the baby to pass through. The stimulation of your uterus and cervix signals your pituitary gland to produce oxytocin, which causes more contractions.

This process of hormone stimulating the production of more hormone continues, spiraling closer and closer to actually starting labor. Eventually, the hormone levels will be high enough that the contractions produce enough hormones which cause enough contractions to make more hormones to begin true labor. Until that day, you will experience more frequent periods of contractions that end because the hormone levels are not yet ready to maintain the contraction cycle.
Identifying True Labor

There are some differences between the normal periods of false labor and true labor that can help you identify which you are experiencing. The main difference is during true labor your contractions will get closer together, last longer and become more intense. To test for this, time about five contractions, wait a few hours and time them again. If the contractions have stayed about the same, you are not in true labor.

A faster way to identify false labor contractions is to change your activity and see if they change. For example, if you have been up walking around or working spend some time sitting and relaxing. If the contractions stay the same or go away then it is not true labor. You can also try eating a small meal or snack and drinking a glass of water, which may lessen or stop false labor contractions.

Going to the hospital will not help you determine if you are in true labor any faster than staying home. The hospital can tell if and how far your cervix is dilated, but that doesn’t tell them when the dilation occurred, or if the contractions you are experiencing now will change the cervix. Even if it is true labor the hospital will recommend you go home if your cervix is not dilated far enough. Being in the hospital is also boring, and puts unnecessary pressure on you to labor faster.

For the best chances of not coming home from the hospital disappointed, do not go until you are showing other signs of true labor, not just contractions. In early labor most women experience soft bowel movements. You may have seen your mucus plug or have some bloody show which are both signs of early labor. These are good signs that the contractions you are feeling will move into true labor, but you will still want to wait. You can be sure you are in true labor when you have most or all of the following:

* Contractions have gotten progressively stronger and more frequent
* Contractions are lasting at least 60 seconds
* Contractions cannot be ignored
* You are no longer hungry or have lost your appetite
* You are no longer modest
* You no longer want to talk or move much during contractions
ed because of the 24 hour clause.

Last edited:
Quote:
I asked them lst time, and was just told "if you go into labour, we need you to come in immediately for an emergency caesarian. If you get contractions, come in" but when I asked how I tell, they said "you should just know" which isn't reassuring. I live an hour's drive from the hospital - assuming I can talk my fiance's dad into taking me.

but I've been having strong braxton hicks for ages, if I'd gone in at the first sign of a cotraction I'd have been living at the hospital for the past month.

made it back to the 3rd page so I am putting it back to #1......sure is hot outside. Make sure you drink lots of water. UTIs can cause contractions.

Hey ladies i haven't been on in awhile. everything is good here with the baby and myself 31 weeks 3 days!! time is counting down!! at my 30 week appointment they said i was measuring 3 weeks ahead and baby girl was measuring 2 weeks ahead, i really don't feel that big, but heck maybe i am!! i'm glad to see all is going well with everyone else and Hello to everyone that has joined since the last time i was on here is a picture!! its not the best but i made it thought it was fun!!

38795_30wks.jpg

and here is one of baby girl!!

38795_baby_romer_edit.jpg

i dont remember if i told you i got a 3d ultrasound it was amazing!!! i would recommend it!! awesome i got some amazing pictures of her!!

that is a cool picture...... I think my mom got one picture of me so far. I try to run from the camera.
I will be 26 weeks on Wed...... going faster than I thought it would, but we have been so busy.

Mrs. Turbo :

that is a cool picture...... I think my mom got one picture of me so far. I try to run from the camera.
I will be 26 weeks on Wed...... going faster than I thought it would, but we have been so busy.

I am not really camera shy as long as i am dress and appropriate for the picture aka paying attention lol​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom