I can't believe they are gone!!!

thank you
I'm moving on though I really miss my lil ones though. They did not have a cover. I really thought they were safe, I had my chicks there last year and had no trouble what so ever. Hard lesson to learn I guess. My dh is making me one that will be done by saturday, I guess I have to start over. The predator will be caught, dh plans on putting up some traps tomorrow, I'd like to make it suffer like it did my babies but I know they are just animals and do things on instinct but it will not happen again.

Oh wow.... I'm so sorry. To lose them on your porch of all places would just make it that much worse. I'd be so heartbroken, I really feel for your loss.

Not to be mean... But..... Hello, and you are informally introduced into the family of lost chickens. Your loss is basically the same that we all experience. Don't take it personally. Find the killer and keep them from your chickens in the future. LOL Keep the chicks sake.

The chicks will be staying in my bedroom til they are ready for the coop. They will never stay on the porch again eventhough it is closed and heated, and really I can't see how it got in except through the vents in the roof.

I know we have all lost chicks to predators but it doesn't make it any easier when it happens. We get attached to these little critters very quickly! I just try to learn when something happens and by reading BYC it has helped me save some chicks I am sure! Hang in there!

Back
Top Bottom