I can't eat chikcen anymore!!!

Thanks Reikistar, I have developed a compassionate heart chickens. They are very smart
and emotional. Before I had them as pets, I had no idea how many gifts they do have.

They are not these messy, smelly, discusting creatures that other say they are. How mislead I was.
I have learned to much since I have had chickens, they are teaching me more everyday.

I am so thankful for the lessons they are teaching me and my family.

Thanks BYCers for listening to my rambelings.

Quote:
Just remember though - If you got your own chickens as day old chicks, chances are they're from a hatchery in which their moms/dads live a very similar life to the battery hens
wink.png

I do completely understand you though. Haven't touched any chicken products that aren't my own. But, I do eat my own, just not my pet/keepers/breeders. And, they all live a happy pastured spoiled life anyway, and death is as quick as can be.
smile.png

Quote:
Just remember though - If you got your own chickens as day old chicks, chances are they're from a hatchery in which their moms/dads live a very similar life to the battery hens
wink.png

Funny how they allways seem to forget that little fact............... and so very true of how hatchery birds are raised. but Illia they will soon make the argument that their giving the chick a better life................ you can't make sense of them.
I wonder how the pet chicken folks would get along if something were to ever happen and they were without a food source to feed their family, would they then stumble through a butchering session and serve up little miss whatever, then what would happen to the cutesy tootsy crowd then. Just sayin.
Iam happy to eat loads and loads of chicken in all forms, eggs, I even eat my own chickens and often too. How very bad of me, shame on me bad AL... Bad AL.

Last edited:
Quote:
I was just talking to my niece about this - she recently decided to become a vegetarian because of the poor treatment of animals for meat. I think she started out with an alright idea - animals in those places are treated badly and slaughtered cruelly - but I think she took it a bit far.

What could be better than raising your own chickens (or anything) and knowing that they had a good life and a quick death before you eat them? I don't know if I would have the heart to kill one of my chickens, but I wouldn't complain if my hubby killed one and put it in the kitchen for me. The point is, I don't think there's anything negative to be said about people who raise their own animals to eat - more power to them!

Quote:
I think it's a great idea.............. it will keep the price down for us evil chicken/egg eaters LOL. Personaly the whole pet chicken emotional attachment thing has really gotten way out of hand and so unrealistic, it kind of borders on Pathetic, sorry it's just really gotten so bad in the past few years. I do understand the to each is own thing but it is still a little too pathetic.

I don't have a problem eating chicken, and if things got really hard I wouldn't have a problem eating my pet birds too. (Except my goose, Peggie) IMO, there is no need to become a vegitarian or vegan because of the poor treatment of animals in commercial barns, just start raising your own or buying from local farmers.

Quote:
I was just talking to my niece about this - she recently decided to become a vegetarian because of the poor treatment of animals for meat. I think she started out with an alright idea - animals in those places are treated badly and slaughtered cruelly - but I think she took it a bit far.

What could be better than raising your own chickens (or anything) and knowing that they had a good life and a quick death before you eat them? I don't know if I would have the heart to kill one of my chickens, but I wouldn't complain if my hubby killed one and put it in the kitchen for me. The point is, I don't think there's anything negative to be said about people who raise their own animals to eat - more power to them!

I try to give them the best home While they are here. Thanks for the thumbs up.

Quote:
I think it's a great idea.............. it will keep the price down for us evil chicken/egg eaters LOL. Personaly the whole pet chicken emotional attachment thing has really gotten way out of hand and so unrealistic, it kind of borders on pathetic, sorry it's just really gotten so bad in the past few years. I do understand the to each is own thing but it is still a little too pathetic.

I couldn't agree more.

Back
Top Bottom