I Can't Eat My Hens Eggs!!!

i was the same way about eating chicken this summer when i started getting my chicks i was bbqing in the back where the coupe is lol and of course it was chicken i felt kinda gross and bad lol i was like i wonder if they are looking at me thinking darn man thats my relative or hey guys lets never make him mad or that could be us on the grill lol but i got over it as far as eating their eggs i never had a problem.

I have 30 birds that I raise for eggs. And I hate eggs! I rarely eat them. Occasionally I'll have some and each time I'm like "Yup, I still don't like them."

I have an excuse, though. As a kid I got a bad poached egg that nearly killed me from salmonella. I will never forget that. Someday I may be so senile I don't remember my own name, but I will never forget that bad egg. Just the sight of a poached egg makes me want to retch.

i love how we can all divulge our little issues on this website. It makes me feel a little more sane to know there are other people out there who have issues like me.....
hugs.gif

WAH! My 2 girls have molted and quit laying, and I won't go buy any from the store. Poralee, love your hens and consider their eggs a gift. There is nothing better you can do than eat your own healthy eggs from your own happy healthy hens. Have you started a garden yet? I hand feed my girls greens from the garden and they love it!

Really? Interesting. If you can't eat your own healthy chickens eggs, I need to pull out a few grocery store documentaries for ya.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom