I CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE TO GET AMERAUCANAS????

Where are you located? I found a great breeder in Washington with Lavender Ameraucanas. Also, be wary, those commercial hatcheries are often selling Easter Eggers labeled as Ameraucanas....

Meyer has I think all the breeds you are looking for available for October 5 including the ameraucana (Blue black splash ) and the lavender Orpington, Take a look at their website!😊

I have searched the internet high and low and have no hope on finding 1 day old ameraucana chicks (for a reasonable price?)

Do you specifically want true Ameraucanas? (come in specific colors, meet specific standards for appearance, lay blue eggs)

Or would you be happy with a bird that lays blue or green colored eggs but you might not know in advance what it will look like? Because lots of hatchery sell Easter Eggers (usually lay blue or green eggs) for more reasonable prices. They call them by many different names, which might not show up if you were searching for "Ameraucanas."

(I'm not trying to tell you what kind to get, just trying to understand what you want. Chicken names can get confusing sometimes.)

A farm store here carries the "ameracauna" chicks from Meyer. I bought some years ago. Chicks were all nothing but easter eggers as there were some that laid green eggs and they all had greenish legs when adult. I would be wary of any hatchery selling what they claim to be as them. The birds I have now I hatched from eggs that I had shipped in from a show breeder. All the eggs are a beautiful sky blue and very consistent in color. Birds all have dark/black leg color.

Back
Top Bottom