I CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE TO GET AMERAUCANAS????

A farm store here carries the "ameracauna" chicks from Meyer. I bought some years ago. Chicks were all nothing but easter eggers as there were some that laid green eggs and they all had greenish legs when adult. I would be wary of any hatchery selling what they claim to be as them. The birds I have now I hatched from eggs that I had shipped in from a show breeder. All the eggs are a beautiful sky blue and very consistent in color. Birds all have dark/black leg color.
As far as I can tell, Cackle's birds seem to be actual ameraucanas. They come in actual colors rather than "appearance may vary," they don't have green legs, and the eggs are blue, not green.

Have you tried the Ameraucana alliance directory? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H9Ni3gym6Cwdwn72ijwkm7e61rzpDS5H3rCi2lC2EGA/mobilebasic
I found a wonderful exhibition breeder in CT that I got eggs from. I was looking for wheaten bantams. Last year she charged $25 a dozen plus actual shipping cost, which I feel is a reasonable price. I hatched 8 out of 12 and the chicks have been healthy, active and extremely friendly from day 1.
3CBACE41-CAFA-414A-8ECA-A10F15C09895.jpeg
B68CE245-54DB-45F1-95FC-491F2C9B27E2.jpeg
421414F6-0F7B-452F-904E-C5293E395BAD.jpeg
6D1A0810-CD60-4D0E-BC8E-FA8D5CC84725.jpeg

So I was gonna get from Meyer, but now they are sold out! Anything else. I didn't really understand if there were any other places people mentioned or they were not very close. I need my ameraucanas!

So I was gonna get from Meyer, but now they are sold out! Anything else. I didn't really understand if there were any other places people mentioned or they were not very close. I need my ameraucanas!

What kind of "ameraucanas"?
The pure bred kind, that come in specific colors and have a particular appearance?

Or just any chicken with a fluffy face and pretty colors, that lays blue or green eggs? (Sometimes called Ameraucana, sometimes called Easter Egger.)

What kind of "ameraucanas"?
The pure bred kind, that come in specific colors and have a particular appearance?

Or just any chicken with a fluffy face and pretty colors, that lays blue or green eggs? (Sometimes called Ameraucana, sometimes called Easter Egger.)
Well the second one but not easter egger because they could sometimes lay green eggs, right?

Back
Top Bottom