I can't identify some of my bantam chicks.

aggieterpkatie

Songster
11 Years
Apr 26, 2009
Maryland
Hello everyone! I've been lurking here for a little while and finally joined so I could ask what kind of chicks these are!
big_smile.png
I got 7 bantams at TSC yesterday, and I've identified a white silky, black silky, and I think a light brama?

Here are some pictures. Please let me know if I need to take more pictures or different angles, etc.

White Silkie
3475987335_02114f5d67.jpg

Black Silkie (or blue?)
3476796880_d2e08d5efa.jpg

Light Brahma?
3475988693_e80eebf2ea.jpg

Perhaps and old english variety?
3475649067_2ea687484e.jpg

Not sure what this is...it's white with blue on the back.
3476003087_8a01f60bb9.jpg

This one is white with black spots.
3476813310_3d91ea85ed.jpg

3476003849_3fc1563a73.jpg

And this one is the largest bantam chick.
3476824106_d4c1650cb4.jpg

Any help would be appreciated!!
big_smile.png

The one that you think is old english variety. I have the same one and Im trying to figure it out also? I wish I knew what they all were but guess I have to wait as my hubby says we will know soon enough
big_smile.png

Maybe someone will come along soon and tell us

The White chick with the blue on its back (5th photo down) is 100% Pearl OEG bantam. I own 3 of them and one looks just like that little guy
smile.png
We named her Honey.

And the 4th photo down could be B.B.Red, but it could also be Silver Duckwing and I would guess (90% sure) it is OEG as well. A lot of chicks start out brown w/ dark stripes like that little guy.

And the 2nd photo is a Blue silkie. Definately.

You also have a black cochin (too young to tell gender, but I'm thinking pullet - we have Birchen cochins and I though we had 2 girls and a boy, but we have 3 hens. Some combs grow fast at the beginning then stop growing altogether).

Top pic is definately white silkie.

As for the black and white chick . . . I have no idea. Splash??? Don;t think so though. ^_^;;

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you so much!! It definitely helps!! The little pearl baby is cuuuute! And I'm crossing my fingers that the cochin is a pullet!!! Now if I could only figure out what that little spotty guy is!
wink.png

Did you (or anyone else) ever discover what the black and white clean legged mystery chick was??? I have one just like it from Ideal and have no clue what she is.
hmm.png

Hey MyPetPeeps, here is a picture of the mottled OEG bantam roo all "growed" up!! I love him to death!

Cogburn

He started out with a good mix of white and black and got steadily darker.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for responding! I am so happy! I have wanted a mottled OE or Japanese and it looks like my nearly identical B&W new chick will be like your pretty boy! Although I am hoping for a girlie girl! Thanks again! MyPetPeeps

Back
Top Bottom