I can't imagine living in the North....

cameldairy

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 20, 2009
Cairo, GA
sorry, but I live in south Georgia, and I think it's cold when it's below 60 degrees. My animals all seem to share my thoughts. Today, I had to kick on the air conditioner when it got a muggy 75 degrees INSIDE!!! We do get a little winter, sometime it will hit a devastating 30 degrees for a night or two!!!!! So My heart goes out for all you northerners and your animals!!!

Last edited:
Thank you for your thoughts. It's awful cold, but we persist anyway.
It's murder to put up wire fence for chooks, though. Ugh. Murder.
So cold....
sad.png

I will send you pics when we are in the heart of winter.. we are supposed to get down to -15 deg, C by the end of the week

It just hurts my heart to imagine so many folk in so many hardships throughout the whole winter. I find myself wishing you could ALL come down here to my farm for a winter's break. My hubby says "I can't save the world", but between you and me, I think we can do an awful:love:love lot!

A balmy 58F here in North Georgia tonight....thats cold enough for my liking....

cold and rainy over the weekend (in the upper 30s, low 40s) and we had a fire in the fireplace all weekend. Yup.....I'm a wimp and proud of it!!

PS - so are my chickens

Our summers are better here in the N. Ga. Mtns than down below "the gnat line".
tongue.png
and we only get a little snow all winter, not like living in Ohio, Colorado and Utah where we used to live while in the AF. I admire Mrs. AK Bird Brain, keeping chickens in Alaska. Never would I do that if I lived where it was below zero for weeks on end! Hats off to you, Tori! Still, I do better in cool weather than in hot weather. I need a place that's between 50 and 70 all year long.

Back
Top Bottom