I can't keep up with the egg orders!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by momoftwinsinwi, Dec 7, 2007.

1. momoftwinsinwi

momoftwinsinwi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Rochester, WI
    I'm getting anywhere from 10-12 eggs per day which you would think is plenty!! Well, it's not and between my grandmother, her 2 friends and my mother, I can't (actually the chickens can't) keep up!!! They all bake for Christmas and after dropping off 4 dz eggs yesterday by my grandmother she just called to ask if I had another 4-5 dz!! I know she's 85 yrs old, but how do I get that many eggs in one day!! I also have to give my best friends mother some eggs as she gave me a kitchen garbage bag full of cartons and hasn't received any eggs yet! Boy, will I be glad when the holidays are over!!! Oh yeah, then I was cleaning out the coop today and had 7 eggs in the bucket outside the coop, while inside cleaning and putting fresh straw in, my new little Brittany pup, decided to help herself!! I caught her stealing on the 3rd egg and she dropped it but we have about 8 inches of snow here....not a chance in heck of finding it/them! The little thief!! [​IMG]

2. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Just tell them how high in cholesterol eggs are and you should be off the hook until they think to do some research!!! [​IMG]

3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    sneak a few store bought eggs in there !!! I am sure the chickens wont tell anyone

Julie

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

But then someone would say, what's wrong with your chickens? These eggs are so fragile and the yolks are pale and whites are watery! Nah, no storebought would be good enough to pass muster. I have the same problem-I need more chickens!

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Buy more chickens [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hatching them now...[​IMG]

7. Varisha

Varisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    Quote:So that's a myth then?

If it is good I'm gonna tell my sis-in-law [​IMG]

8. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Quote:My thoughts exactly!!!!!!

9. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I am getting 2 eggs a day still from my hens, buit my ducks are laying to beat the band. I raised the price from $3 to $4, thinking we would have some for us, but today alone, I took one dozen to work to sell and I came home from work and found $16 in the outside fridge and 4 dozen missing!

I love duck eggs, too!

10. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    Sound like you need to get some geese or turkeys for next holiday season. the eggs are almost twice the size so you would only need half as many!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by