I caught a raccoon & another & another ***GRAPHIC PICS*** pic heavy

keirys

Songster
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Mid Michigan
We live in the city 1 week ago our 2 silkies got ripped out of the chicken coop by a raccoon. I bought a set of Dukes dog proof trap & I love this trap. Gonna go start digging a bigger hole!

2 hours after we set the traps we got one

Dh reset the trap the next morning...

Huge boar coon

sooo cute yet so dead. I dont belive in relocation

I know its hard to see but I see 3 more raccoons its 9PM and still light out. I went to lock my chickens up and this is what I saw

cannot discharge fire arm in the city

caught 2 more this morning
barnie.gif
. The only thing I cannot do is remove it from the trap yuck..

The little girl in blue is our future resident preditor dispatcher... If she's gonna keep chickens she better learn to protect her flock!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats!! I've read alot of good things about those duke traps. Much better for coons than live traps.
If you're gonna kill it, you gotta handle the body, unless you can get someone else to do it.
Not sure how you'd dispose of the corpse in the city, I'm lucky as I can just dump it out in the woods to feed something else.

Last edited:
good to see the dukes traps are getting it done for you! i've looked into them but my live trap is the ticket i caught a coon last week... sneeky buggers

Congrats!! I've read alot of good things about those duke traps. Much better for coons than live traps.
If you're gonna kill it, you gotta handle the body, unless you can get someone else to do it.
Not sure how you'd dispose of the corpse in the city, I'm lucky as I can just dump it out in the woods to feed something else.

My dh takes care of the corpse removal. He buries them, I just can't believe how many we've caught. I thought we were gonna just catch one not the entire family....

Back
Top Bottom