I could just scream! UPDATE: PICS! Questions

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Made me snort my coffee on the keyboard!

At 11:40 an egg pipped, by 2:10 I had this!

hatching.jpg

hatched.jpg

I am worried that the other 3 that had already pipped before 10:00 last night have not progressed. My temp is 101.9 and humidity is 72 % ( Sorry guys, I don't think it is going to go any higher than that, I have filled every reservoir and added wash rags.). Looking at this next pic, you can see where the pips is and it is white, white!
So questions:
!
1: How long will it take the little darling that hatched at 2:10 to fluff out? She still looks wet after 6 hrs
2.Looking at the pip below, should it look so white at the pip?

whitepip.jpg

Don't worry. It isn't easy hatching. Give them some more time. If they don't hatch within 24 hrs after they pip then you might want to inspect.

I have chick #2, and like chick #1 this little girl was one of the ones who had not pipped yet. She pipped, zipped and was out in 20 minutes, start to finish!

2ndpip.jpg

2ndpip1.jpg

2ndchcick.jpg

wee.gif
Yeah, I just love watching chicks hatch!! I can't wait until hatching season again for me. I really miss it! The only thing keeping me from hatching out now is that I don't want to winter chicks in the house. Congrats on the new peeps! I hope the rest hatch out healthy.

If your humidity is 72 % that is good and it will go up as the chicks hatch. Just remember do NOT open that bator.

Congrats on the one's that did hatch so far. Let me ask you, are you going to keep them in the house all winter? I don't know what state you in but here it's cold and I would have to leave them in the house all winter.

I think there is a problem with chick #4. There is a cherry protrusion where the umbilical attaches. Chick # 1 is still not fluffed out and is very aggressive. She pecked at the pip and then at the chick in egg #4. Maybe the harassment caused chick #4 to hatch to soon/ She didn't seem to be in much of a hurry until #1 who is walking pretty darn good starting pecking at the egg.

chick4.jpg

ETA: changed he to she. All chicks will be referred to as she's in the hopes that it will stick. Kinda like if you close your eye's they can't see you.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom