I could lose my land for growing food!!

Quote:
I made the above statements, but I want to clarify after receiving a nasty-gram on my opinion here from a member. If you look at my words, I did not say that this food bill would do the above, but that this was the trend in this country--tighter and tighter, but unneeded restrictions, on the small farmers and then, conceivably on home grown goods. That is not hysteria on my part. I stated the opinion in a calm, but firm, manner. That is my opinion as a contributing member of this forum and I'm sticking to it.

How dare they!
somad.gif
Send you a nasty gram......
smack.gif

Quote:
I made the above statements, but I want to clarify after receiving a nasty-gram on my opinion here from a member. If you look at my words, I did not say that this food bill would do the above, but that this was the trend in this country--tighter and tighter, but unneeded restrictions, on the small farmers and then, conceivably on home grown goods. That is not hysteria on my part. I stated the opinion in a calm, but firm, manner. That is my opinion as a contributing member of this forum and I'm sticking to it.

sad.png
Me no sendy nasty gram. I am sorry if I offended
sad.png

I agree the big producers should be watched a bit more closely than they are; but subjecting the smaller 'pick your own' type places or individual who sell at farmer's markets to these regulations is insane. When you purchase farmer produced goods you have the advantage to see where the food is produced/raised and you have the choice to purchase or not.

This is along the lines of the animal tagging program they have implemented.... I see the purpose for tracking animals at bigger facilities but to have every small farmer tag all the animals for disease tracking is just stupid......

I say let's revolt!!! It is time for a REVOLUTION against the Government!!!!
cool.png

So we can't buy locally! More $ in their pockets!

I was saying how they sould be watched because of a previous comment about the spinach fields. I should have specified.

Quote:
These new regulations are being supported by the big producers, you just have to ask yourself WHY?

Because they'll run the little guys out of business. Always on the goal sheet of big business.

Quote:
I may be who she is talking about. I didnt send a PM or anything but I can see where my post might have seemed like a "nasty gram".

I am very sorry iffin it came across that way. I for sure could have said it differently.

I sorry. Really.
sad.png

Mike

Back
Top Bottom