I could use help figuring out gender - Muscovy 4 months

Speak2Erin

Songster
6 Years
Mar 12, 2016
Riverview, FL
I was told by a vet she was a girl. But ... I'm not sure. She does that heavy breathing noise a lot during the day. She puffs out her chin as she talks. She trills at night though. She is EXTREMELY affectionate with me, following me around like a dog and wanting to be handled. She mounts our female Pekin though.

Ha! Some votes female, some votes male! I am still confused. Outside today she/he was still huffing and puffing around. She/he loves me to bits and I am fine either way. I just hate not knowing! She/he does fly to the roof a lot, not sure if that's common for boys?

Thx for everyone's input!
How much does she/he weigh?

-Kathy

Muscovy females don't quack like mallard derived ducks, and females frequently play 'hop on top' so not anything unusual there... doesn't look like she has excessive caruncles on her face either, so I would guess female...

need a full body shot.

Recent shots:

She was young in this one. 3 months. Not sure if it helps with gender.

And I don't have another Muscovy to really compare. Just a female Pekin who is 3 months. The Pekin outgrew her in height, but Momo the Muscovy is heavier.

Last edited:
Recent shots:

She was young in this one. 3 months. Not sure if it helps with gender.

And I don't have another Muscovy to really compare. Just a female Pekin who is 3 months. The Pekin outgrew her in height, but Momo the Muscovy is heavier.

She is gorgeous!!! And still think she is female... leg position isn't as wide as males tend to be, still small mask and caruncles... flat out beautiful! :love

Ha! Some votes female, some votes male! I am still confused. Outside today she/he was still huffing and puffing around. She/he loves me to bits and I am fine either way. I just hate not knowing! She/he does fly to the roof a lot, not sure if that's common for boys?

Thx for everyone's input!

Flying to roof tops is a Muscovy thing, lol, not specific to gender... legs did look a bit thick, but I dunno... :confused:

@Miss Lydia any ideas?

Legs do look thick but how about a full front view standing, legs on females are set closer together under their body drakes set wider apart. Pretty scovy too.

Back
Top Bottom