I crossed a cream legbar with a ----- and this is what I got

As far as I know, egg color doesn't help with ID of a Roo, unless you wait for f1 to grow and lay their own :( I'm glad it was easy for you though :) Hopefully you'll have some pullets in your new hatch!

It does in my case. She is the only brown egglayer in there with him, and he is the only roo that has access to her right now.

ok, so here is my CLB and a few of his cockerel sons. in and around my compost heap.This first one (freckles) was the cutest little yellow and black chick. His momma is an easter egger who lay beautiful blue eggs. The albinos (sunny and fluffy) were big fluffy yellow chicks. Their momma is a Buff Orpington who lays extra large buff coloured eggs. One of them seems to be a real jerk. He is always last to roost, and being a jerk to all the littles. There are a couple more roos- one from a mystery hen i have, and another from the same Buff Orpington- but he's always in the forest past the poison ivy and hard to get a good pic of. Will try later today!!
IMG_8709.jpg
IMG_8696.JPG
IMG_8719.jpg
IMG_8711.JPG

ok, so here is my CLB and a few of his cockerel sons. in and around my compost heap.This first one (freckles) was the cutest little yellow and black chick. His momma is an easter egger who lay beautiful blue eggs. The albinos (sunny and fluffy) were big fluffy yellow chicks. Their momma is a Buff Orpington who lays extra large buff coloured eggs. One of them seems to be a real jerk. He is always last to roost, and being a jerk to all the littles. There are a couple more roos- one from a mystery hen i have, and another from the same Buff Orpington- but he's always in the forest past the poison ivy and hard to get a good pic of. Will try later today!! View attachment 1428236 View attachment 1428235 View attachment 1428234 View attachment 1428238

Did any of the pullets turn out with the cresting from the legbar side? The 6 eggs from mine that I incubated all hatched out. A couple of them are already showing signs of the crest on the heads.

ok, so here is my CLB and a few of his cockerel sons. in and around my compost heap.This first one (freckles) was the cutest little yellow and black chick. His momma is an easter egger who lay beautiful blue eggs. The albinos (sunny and fluffy) were big fluffy yellow chicks. Their momma is a Buff Orpington who lays extra large buff coloured eggs. One of them seems to be a real jerk. He is always last to roost, and being a jerk to all the littles. There are a couple more roos- one from a mystery hen i have, and another from the same Buff Orpington- but he's always in the forest past the poison ivy and hard to get a good pic of. Will try later today!! View attachment 1428236 View attachment 1428235 View attachment 1428234 View attachment 1428238
thank you so much for the pics!!! any chance you have 2, 3, 4, 5 week old pics of your first one here? It would help me figure some of mine out!

Sure I do.
freckles10daysold.jpg

Thats him there at the front about 2 weeks old. The yellow ones behind him are the albino buff orp roos. In the next photo below, from Left to Right - hen, buff orpington roo Rusty, hen, hen, buff orpington roo sunny, EE roo freckles, then you can see a little piece of my 5th roo Stormy (he's grey).
10daysold.jpg
group10daysold.jpg
stormy.freckles10daysold.jpg
this is stormy the roo. (freckles the roo is posing with his foot up on the dish). In the pic below is all 5 of my roos from a clutch of 9 eggs. ( FROM : 1 from EE hen (freckles), 1 from splash mystery hen (grey one stormy), 3 from buff orpington hen (2 yellow and one orange)
IMG_8216.JPG

I will look for some older photos. Right now they are only 2 months old. Will post current pics I took today.

IMG_8734.JPG
ok here are a bunch from today. orange roo- from buff orpington hen
grey roo (above)- from mystery splash hen with dark speckled egg, single comb,
gold headed pullet from EE hen ,black headed pullet and all dark pullet from barnevelder hen

IMG_8745.jpg IMG_8749.jpg IMG_8766.jpg IMG_8772.jpg IMG_8773.jpg IMG_8767.jpg

She looks a little like one of my (purchased) chicks who is 1/2 BCM and half mystery bird . I see she is getting some rusty red color on her neck. Ill be interested to see her eggs! What kind of hen is that beside her in the last photo with the white pencilling on the rusty feathers? pretty!

Back
Top Bottom