I cured a hen of bullying.

bathurst

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 7, 2014
Only had the two hens out when I was there. When bully attacked l picked her up and put her straight into a special yard l had made. She Could see the bullied hen but couldn't get to her. Left her for a week at a time. After 4more episodes she soon learnt to be nice. Hope that helps. Bathurst

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on drumstick diva. Sometimes they get cured for a while and then later revert again. If this happens with your hen, you can always use pinless peepers on her. If your not familiar with them, you can see them at https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/pinless_peepers.html. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hen.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Wow, great!! So glad you were able to adjust the bully's attitude! Nobody needs bullys in the flock. I have a few I need to work with pretty soon as well.

Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us.

I think your behavioral adjustment will work. They can be trained both by positive or negative reinforcement. Bully will learn be bad and get locked up ain't fun
sad.png

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom