I.D. Bands for your Peafowl

I use the following bands. The 4 digit number is the style of band and the 2 digit is the band size. I ordered 100 of each. If I need more I can continue and order 101-200.

1242 -22 is peahen
1242 -24 is peacock

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I'm sure lots of peafowl owners will appreciate it. I looked every where for bands, but didn't know you could personalize them. You obviously have a lot more birds than I do.

I'm thinking though, that those might be overkill for the small-time pet, peafowl- keeper such as myself.
For those of us who only have a few birds, it might be easier to go with the brass name plates from saddlery stores which can be ordered one at a time. They aren't as permanent as yours ,but they can be squeezed on by hand, (with no help from her lazy kids...) oops, I mean, by one able bodied,independent woman!

For the brass, do-it yourself plates, from saddlery stores( refer back to the start of this thread, for the info) You need the 2" band for hens and a 2.5" band for males. Make sure to soften the edges with files, as they can be quite sharp.

And if anyone else has ideas for Banding Peafowl, or better yet, getting homing devices put on them- Please chime in.

Man, you guys are great! Is there anything you don't know?! I love this place.
yippiechickie.gif

Thanks for the info. I'm sure lots of peafowl owners will appreciate it. I looked every where for bands, but didn't know you could personalize them. You obviously have a lot more birds than I do.

I'm thinking though, that those might be overkill for the small-time pet, peafowl- keeper such as myself.
For those of us who only have a few birds, it might be easier to go with the brass name plates from saddlery stores which can be ordered one at a time. They aren't as permanent as yours ,but they can be squeezed on by hand, (with no help from her lazy kids...) oops, I mean, by one able bodied,independent woman!

For the brass, do-it yourself plates, from saddlery stores( refer back to the start of this thread, for the info) You need the 2" band for hens and a 2.5" band for males. Make sure to soften the edges with files, as they can be quite sharp.

And if anyone else has ideas for Banding Peafowl, or better yet, getting homing devices put on them- Please chime in.
I thought the same thing when I first started with my one BS male Ares. I bought some more 5 month old birds about 8 of them. Then I went to find a wife for Ares and that is when I met Deerman. Went to Ohio to pick up 3 birds and came home with 7 birds. The got a great deal on whites and added 2 more to the mix. Well the older birds laid eggs so I incubated them and hatched almost all the eggs. Last year I only hatched the test eggs and still ended up with 45 birds LMAO. This year I am hatching out the chicks and selling them. I am saving the money I get from them cause I want to get pure greens in the future.

Last edited:
Oh No! I am not listening to you any more! Fingers in ears.... singing la..la ...la... I am a small time pet, peacock owner. I am not keeping all the babies...cute fuzzy babies, little baby peachicks,... no, not keeping them....no,...help....

Back
Top Bottom