I did a stupid thing! Any help?

yhwh-nissi

Hatching
12 Years
Apr 1, 2007
Hi everyone,
My name is perry and I live in Las Vegas. I have 6 chickens. We hatched them from a little incubator 3 years ago. We have basically 1 rooster and 5 hens. they are a mix, well one is pure polish and the others have polish in them. Well to make a long story short I did not realize that we could not have chickens here. these are really are pets! Our chickens were hatched by us and will come and sit on your lap and nuzzle up to you and after 3 years I have become very attached. Well I received a notice that I have got to get rid of them and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, or if anyone would like some very friendly and affectionate chickens. We have a "bird sanctuary" here in Las Vegas but they will sell our birds for dinner to someone and I am just trying to save them. I will pay shipping or do what ever it takes to try to save my pets. This prolly sounds strange but I did not know I could get so attached to these chickens! I'm just heart broken right now but I will do the right thing and get rid of them, I would just really like to give them a good home. Thank you for your time and patience. Any help would be so appreciated.

SpunkytheMagesticRooster.jpg

Spunkywithfluffysnuggling.jpg

Vanillalookingsocute.jpg

Try posting your story here in the Buy/Sell/Trade section as well as over at the original EZBYC group (a lot of members haven't made their way over here yet or only check in sporadically) here is the link to the forum you should post in:
http://p072.ezboard.com/fbackyardchickensfrm12

...this is sooo sad... :aww I hope you find a place soon!!!

I hope you find a home for your birds, as they are beautiful birds. Strange thing is chickens do really grow on you. I don't think there is a middle, you either love 'em or hate 'em. My friend Freebie is totally smitten with her birds and this will be her first year of ever having any.

I would LOVE to have those beautiful birds but I live in Southern Alabama and your shipping would kill you.
You shouldnt have any problems finding someone to take them in.
Ill try and see if I can help.

I, too, would love to have your birds. However, I am in N. Louisiana and shipping would be a lot. I do have a coop available and nearly 12 acres they could free range. I have chickens now and have been looking for Polish. My dh loves the birds but would really love some lap pets. Ours are more eat-n-run types.
lol.png
Keep in mind that with the weather warming up you'll want to ship to whom ever you choose asap. Just let me know. [email protected]

Last edited:
Hi BeckyLa,
I would love to ship them to you if you would take them! They need a good home, and I will pay the cost. The rooster a while back got an infection in his leg, and I had to give him shots every morning to clear it up. I do not want to tell you what that cost me. So I have no problem shipping them to northern Louisiana. They are VERY healthy and very tame and trusting birds. They will sit on your lap, nuzzle their head under your arm and they have had much love and attention. Would it be ok to email you for details? I am unfamiliar with shipping poultry, so I may need help with the steps. Thank you SO MUCH!

[email protected]

PS Love your scripture signature!

Last edited:
Nifty-Chicken,
Thank you so much for helping this newbee display my chicken pictures.
wink.png
wink.png

Thank you all for your comments. They were such an encouragement. It's nice to have understanding of how someone can become broken-hearted over chickens. I now have hope!
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png

yhwh....I live in Indiana...and LOVE your polish.....they are beautifull. If you can not find them homes..let me know. They would be a great add to my coop! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom