I did it! I did it! I ordered my chicks!! ((Where's the paper bag..))

skatcatla

Songster
12 Years
Jun 26, 2007
I was just going to buy a couple here but none of them hd the breeds I wanted so I went ahead and ordered three from MyPetChicken. I was going to just get two, but their minimum is three so I just took a big breath and did it! Is three too many for my little backyard coop? Man I'm nervous. But I know with all of your help I will be ok!

well in the coop they need i think 3 square feet per a chicken. . .but not to worry. . .if you have less then that then just let them free range around your backyard...
-alex

Congratulations!

I received mine from them Wed and they were in such great shape. They are so healthy and active. I hope you enjoy yours as much as my girls and I enjoy ours.

When do they come in?

jackie

I ordered five from MPC, they were all very healthy and are 9 weeks old now. Good Luck!

Well, this is the one I have..its the Chick-n-hutch with attached run, which I believe is 15 sq. feet. So that should be about right, 3 sq feet per chicken. I guess taking care of three is not so much different than 2?

01491.jpg

Last edited:
Jackie, I asked for them to be sent the week of July 23 so I should have them on the 24th. I'm excited and nervous! They were backordered on the Red Stars so I chose a Black Star, a Barred Rock and a RIR.

Quote:
3 isn't much different than 2. 10 is not too different eather... when you get into the few dozen, thats when it changes. Remember now, sexing is not 100% and if you get a roo, you still might end up with just 2 if you can't keep him.

Nope not much different. I have no idea what its like to have just 3! When I first ordered, no one had the breed I wanted for anything less than a 25 chick minimum! Now, when you get to having more like 40 or 50 like I do, then you'll need a bit more room. lol
tongue.png

PS..and thats just my laying flock! Oi!

Quote:
You sound just like me! I can't stop buying. DH keeps asking if I have enough yet
big_smile.png
We just bought three silkies at a sale Wednesday and he grunted and grumbled, wait til he gets home and gets to see the new babies that just came today.
tongue.png

skatcatla,

Mine were supposed to be shipped July 10. I called July 9 to see if I could change one of the females to a male. She told me they had already had them packed up and was shipping them out that afternoon. She said the hatchery didn't give her prior notice because they were off during the week of the 4th.

So they were shipped July 9 and I received the July 11.

jackie

Back
Top Bottom