I did it ...I did it!

it's almost like christmas waiting for those babies to get here, lol. I'm waiting on an order from Ideal to arrive in June and I placed the order a month ago. I'm kind of shocked at such a wait, I had no idea that chicks were in such demand. Our local TSC received 3 orders and they sold out within just a few hours of receiving them. I think alot of people are making their way back to self sufficiency.

smile.png
:)In my opinion it IS just like Christmas. Enjoy them when you get them and good luck. John

Last edited:
a friend of mine says the same thing about a chick shortage - she was supposed to get them today, but no! didn't hear when they're supposed to come.
I think it's great that so many people want chicks!
and, cetawin, have fun with your babies when they come!

I'm so excited for you! I don't know how you are going to wait that long! I had my coop and brooder all set up weeks before mine finally got here. And then it killed me to see them empty!

Congrats on the order - can't wait to see the pictures!

Penny

It seems impossible to hatch exactly what you order. I wanted two hens and got two after hatching 9 eggs, but also resulting in 7 roosters.
This is what I heard from a small scale duck breeder: he refused to kill access ducklings after the order was hatched unlike the large hatcheries who kill any surplus and than we are talking about live chicks. They must be hatching way more to make sure you get the desired amount of genders. To me that's the only reason that they can send you whatever you order.
I hope the truth is different though. Anyone with better info?
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom