1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I did it.my eggs are done

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by okiechick57, Dec 14, 2007.

1. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] sorry all you hatchaholics.........didnt mean to trick you ! got some of my clay eggs done,love the army one on the left back.........course I am biased haha.
    [​IMG]
    This one I made for the Physical Therapy place my hubby goes to.........not the best pic......that IS my kitchen ceiling LOL the egg was still wet.....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Great job!!![​IMG]

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    you did a fabulous job and I love the army one to.

4. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Are those actually made out of clay, or clay molded onto an egg?

Had a great idea to make x-mas ornaments out of some of mine (after blowing them out LOL!). But not sure how to make them look really cute like yours.

Great job! I love that white one with the purple ends.

Meghan

5. okiechick57

thank you.......its my first real test of craftiness for me.....not something I usually do...it is clay placed on egg,then baked........so easy.........cept for me , the sanding is hard on my hands.... I love the one you mentioned,just make sure to bleach / clean the shell really well before baking, I am learning as I go.......and so glad my dh blows the eggs.......he full of hot air so why not him [​IMG]

6. okiechick57

Quote:go to site call polymerclay central..............so much help there and tons of ideas of many things to do with clay......or read the post on here all about how to do the eggs.....I can never find it because I dont know what title was.maybe someone else will help and post that thread link [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Very nice.

8. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Those are VERY cool!!!

9. Montanna

Montanna Out Of The Brooder

I have been saving this link, because I want to try this, but life gets in the way!
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17599&p=1

I just hope that link works, if not the title of the thread is "POLYMER CLAY EGGS....Step by Step Tutorial"

I love these eggs and can hardly wait for a quiet moment to try to make some. I was hoping to make one for my mom for Christmas, but not this year. When I get one made, I will just send it to her!

OkieChick, your eggs are great, I love them all! Share some of the techniques with us??? Please?

Skeeter AKA Montanna

10. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    Your eggs turned out great. I love the hatching chick one. You are very creative.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by