I did it.my eggs are done

okiechick57

Crowing
14 Years
May 22, 2007
Just outside Okc Oklahoma
big_smile.png
sorry all you hatchaholics.........didnt mean to trick you ! got some of my clay eggs done,love the army one on the left back.........course I am biased haha.
pumpkin328.jpg

This one I made for the Physical Therapy place my hubby goes to.........not the best pic......that IS my kitchen ceiling LOL the egg was still wet.....
pumpkin326.jpg

Last edited:
Are those actually made out of clay, or clay molded onto an egg?

Had a great idea to make x-mas ornaments out of some of mine (after blowing them out LOL!). But not sure how to make them look really cute like yours.

Great job! I love that white one with the purple ends.

Meghan

thank you.......its my first real test of craftiness for me.....not something I usually do...it is clay placed on egg,then baked........so easy.........cept for me , the sanding is hard on my hands.... I love the one you mentioned,just make sure to bleach / clean the shell really well before baking, I am learning as I go.......and so glad my dh blows the eggs.......he full of hot air so why not him
tongue.png

Quote:
go to site call polymerclay central..............so much help there and tons of ideas of many things to do with clay......or read the post on here all about how to do the eggs.....I can never find it because I dont know what title was.maybe someone else will help and post that thread link
wink.png

Last edited:
I have been saving this link, because I want to try this, but life gets in the way!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17599&p=1

I just hope that link works, if not the title of the thread is "POLYMER CLAY EGGS....Step by Step Tutorial"

I love these eggs and can hardly wait for a quiet moment to try to make some. I was hoping to make one for my mom for Christmas, but not this year. When I get one made, I will just send it to her!

OkieChick, your eggs are great, I love them all! Share some of the techniques with us??? Please?

Skeeter AKA Montanna

Back
Top Bottom