I do not want or like chickens

I can totally empathize with you! My mother swore she was not going to get involved with my project, don't ask her to watch a chick, feed a duck, or pick up feed. Now I can't get to the bator through her, and she sits on my porch with Blue rooster in her lap!

Hi, my name is Nancy, and I'm addicted to chickens. I've been hooked for 2 years now. I keep thinking the next hatch will satisfy my habit, but one more is never enough. And now, I've started hiding my stash. I told my daughter about the 15 Cochin eggs I bought. What she doesn't know is that I bought 16 Silkie eggs the THE NEXT DAY. How am I going to sneak THEM into the coop? I'll think of something...I'VE GOT IT!! They belong to a friend, and I'm just keeping them warm...

OK, so it is no secret that I had all intentions of getting more chicks at the feed store last night.. I knew it, and had come to terms with the fact that I was going to do it.. then I did a horrible thing!

So as to lessen the burden of "ohh Lordy, you got MORE chickens!" that I knew would come from my family.. I took my son with me to the feed store. Not to stop me, mind you, but because I KNEW, that if he went in with me, and saw those sweet fluffy butts, he would beg me for a few more. And how would I be able to resist the pleas of my sweet 14 year old baby? Well, he didn't even ask! I was on the phone with my grandmother, and had asked for the 25 ound bag of chick starter, and when I turned around, he was squating next to the chick bins, pointing out the bantie RIR he wanted. "What are you doing!?" I said, feigning indignation.. "Mom, I have my own money.. I'm buying a chick." so I said, "Well, if you are getting that one.. I want the little black and silver one..."
Meet Robin Hood

04-17-08_1958.jpg

And Abigail

04-17-08_1959.jpg

I AM SUCH A BAD ADDICT!! It's like people who hide drugs in their babies diapers.. only not illegal, or detrimental to the child's health.. hey- maybe I'm not so bad after all!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
WillsMama... (gasp!) I am shocked! You are using a sweet 14 year old as an enabler?
lol.png
Why didn't I think of that? Ummm... sad to say... my kids have no interest in my birds (sigh...) I think they swapped someone elses kids with mine at birth. Someone, somewhere, is trying to figure out *their* kids fascination with poultry.

I don't have any kids to use that method.
sad.png

I am an addict for baby chicks and eggs too. Yesterday, I found myself at the feed store not because I wanted feed, but to see the chicks I knew they would have. i went from the 2 month old goose to the brooder they had and I made the effort not to buy. Besides, they only had male banties and turkeys which, I don't have any room for them in my yard, and I think that Francois is enough. (My white Silkie male)

Back
Top Bottom