I don’t know what to do

CharmingChickens

🦜🦃🐓🦢🦆Started with chickens now has an army 🦆🦢🐓🦃🦜
Apr 30, 2023
Maine
I have a situation. I have a 5 week old gosling that I’ve had since it was 2 weeks old. Since goslings can’t be alone, we tried to get it a gosling friend but the person we were going to get it from gave it to somebody else. My dad was against us getting another gosling so it didn’t happen. I tried putting her with the chicks but she kept attacking them. So the past 3 weeks I’ve had her I’ve been with her 24/7. And I would gladly be with her till she is an adult but I can’t. Because she currently lives in my room, and my dad wants her out. If she’s not sleeping next to my bed she will scream all night. And I’m worried my dads going to make me kick her out of the house. She is incredibly bonded to me. As of now she is a little bit larger than the chickens and ducks, and I would have to combine her with them. (Obviously In a cage separated) and i would have no other option since I don’t make the rules. Do any of you have any tips/ideas on how to get her used to the chickens and ducks? I want it to be as easy for her as possible. She is not scared to bite them but she is still very scared around them and if I leave, she’ll scream. This is definitely not the most ideal situation! If I was incharge I would have gotten another goose immediately(it would’ve made my life so much easier lol) but that’s not an option. So yeah, any tips or ideas would be great.

This is what she looks like 👀
FDDDF5DB-7228-4FDA-8252-235BFE3ECB08.jpeg
image.jpg

If you can give her a space with your chickens and ducks where she can't bite them or they go after her that would be best . Some type of temp fencing till she is use to them and them her, a dog crate to sleep in at night. it will take time but she'll accept them eventually

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom