I don't exist! According to my phone company

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Frozen Feathers, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I called Verizon today to put in an address change, well my account doesn't exist. So I called Fairpoint, the company taking over Verizon in Maine/NH and I believe Vermont, and I don't exist there either! I'm still getting service, but I don't exist. [​IMG] How funny is that?

Any other Maine/NH/Vermont people have this problem? Mmm Hopefully they get their act together.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  2. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    I guess if you don't exist you don't have to pay your phone bill? [​IMG]

3. Frozen Feathers

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    It's tempting! [​IMG] But I also have a bundle, I get DSl and Directv with my phone service. I could do without the phone and the TV but if i wake up one morning to no DSL all heck would break loose. [​IMG]

4. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    If you don't exist, you don't have to pay anymore taxes, right? [​IMG]

5. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    It would be nice to not exist to verizon. I have gotten a few collection letters on verizon. I have never dealt with verizon. They say I broke contract and owe for the phone and bill. Its quite funny I was too young on the claimed time period to even sign a contract.I guess their record keeping is no better now.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

For what it's worth... I just got cable, phone and dsl through verizon, trying to save a few bucks. I asked Verizon how they could bundle it all up if they were sellin out, and they told me it wasn't final...Of course I due exist, at least at the present time!!! Angie if you don't exist, how will I get my surprise chickens from you?[​IMG]

7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    DrakeMaiden
    I guess if you don't exist you don't have to pay your phone bill?

My thoughts exactly!! [​IMG]

8. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    What everyone wants to know is...are you still payong for your service...or is it free [​IMG] ? I also have Verizon they txt me at the worst times wanting to collect money.

9. Frozen Feathers

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I got a bill from Verizon the other day. [​IMG] So, I must exist somewhere in their system. I actually like the Verizon bundle and I'm a bit worried about this Fairpoint (rinky little company) taking over. The merger was supposed to be Febuary 29th.

[​IMG]

10. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    I also have Verizon they txt me at the worst times wanting to collect money.

Seriously? I've never heard of that collection tactic...why am I not surprised...[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have Verizon too and have been happy with them. Alltel, however, was a nightmare.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by