I dont have a ideal

Sam208

Songster
10 Years
Jun 3, 2009
I dont know what to do about the lighting i have 27 RIR that are about 11 days old. I tryed moveing light to drop the temp but no matter how much are how little i move it they just seem to try getting on top of one another. it been in the same place for day and they seem the like it their so do i just leave it their are move it and let pile up. Their only one chick that i have seen lay at the other end.

My brooder is 5 ft long 24 inch wide and 24 high.

thanks sam:barnie:barnie

I am a newbie but i would put another lighting source if the brooder is big enough, and decrease the watts?? I am sure someone more qualified can answer this! Good Luck!

Last edited:
thanks

I forgot to say that my heat light is about 41 inches high over the top on a conor in my brooder.

thanks sam

the temp rite under the light is about 90. I did aim the light towards the other end.

thanks sam

Brooder is 24 inches high and then light is an additional 41 inches above that? So 65 inches off of chicks? or is the the light 41 inches from the floor? Either way sounds like it is too far away. I would put a thermometer in there and check temps. Chicks should be housed at 90-100 degrees the first week, then decrease by 5 degrees every week. At 11 days old they should be in 85-95 degrees. Huddling means they are too cold.

its 41 inches from the chicks but i was trying to Drop it 5 degress like people told me to but i raised about 4 inches and they started to get in to a pile.

But were the light is at now they seems to like it there they just lay all over the end with the light. and sleep most of the nite

thanks sam

IM taking the temp in the brooder now.

i forgot to say that my brooder has carboard the the way up the 24 inch wall are 4 sides looks like a box.

thanks for the help sam

Back
Top Bottom