I don't know a thing about raising chickens.... But I'm ready to learn

1BigRooster

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 16, 2014
I need help on getting started. I don't own no chickens, I haven't built a coop yet.. What should I do first ?

Check out the learning center lots of great tips!
caf.gif

Thanks for the info.... I'm looking in to it now . Going to pic up some chicks tomorrow ... But now I'm looking for plans to build a coop

images

Welcome to BYC!

Kelsie has set you up with the links to get you started. You will really enjoy keeping chickens. And once they get under your skin, it is hard to remove them from your soul.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock and enjoy this new journey you are on!

Well it's been almost a week now since I picked up the chicks Southern State gave me for free. Because I bought a fifteen dollar bag of feed. Also I purchased a heating lamp,a water and feed feeder. What they said I needed. The rest I used what I had laying around the house and shed. I use a medium size dog gage, some cardboard to block the chicks from slipping through. I was surprised to see them go thru a opening smaller then their selfs. Anyway their doin fine so for. But my wife is not a animal lover as my self. So I tried to cool her down by telling her about the benefits of having chickens like niot having to buy eggs.and how the kids love them....... My grandson 4yrs old ,when he saw the clicks he said ""Pop Pop, I Love You" there's know need to describe how I felt. You can only imagine,,,,,,

Well I think I said a nuff for now... I'll send pics of the development Of the Coop. And thanks for the help and concern every one has shown........ God Bless Everyone

Well it's been almost a week now since I picked up the chicks Southern State gave me for free. Because I bought a fifteen dollar bag of feed. Also I purchased a heating lamp,a water and feed feeder. What they said I needed. The rest I used what I had laying around the house and shed. I use a medium size dog gage, some cardboard to block the chicks from slipping through. I was surprised to see them go thru a opening smaller then their selfs. Any their doin fine so for. But my wife is a animal lover as my self. So I tried to cool her down by telling her about the benefits of having chickens like nit having to buy eggs.and how the kids love them....... My grandson 4yrs old ,when he saw the clicks he said ""Pop Pop, I Love You" there's know need to describe how I felt. You can only imagine,,,,,,

Well I think I said a nuff for .... I'll send pics of the development Of the Coop. A thanks for the help and concern every one has shown........ God Bless Everyone

Congratulations! They sure know how to rope customers in - give free chickens with the feed and then you will be coming back forever to get everything else. What breeds did they give you? Hope they weren't all males.

Back
Top Bottom