I dont know what moving to incubator floor means

Lucy Brown

Songster
Dec 31, 2020
Orange, California
I do not understand what moving the eggs to the incubator floor means. I bought the vivohome incubator. does that mean that i have to take the egg rolling tray out and one of pieces supporting the roller out? There are two nets inside there, i do not understand what to do.

I do not understand what moving the eggs to the incubator floor means. I bought the vivohome incubator. does that mean that i have to take the egg rolling tray out and one of pieces supporting the roller out? There are two nets inside there, i do not understand what to do.

I think it means to take out the turner so chicks can hatch safely without the turner rotating on or around them.

Yes. At lockdown time (a few days before expected hatch), remove the auto-turner. Gently place the eggs, with as little jostling as is possible, onto the now vacant space on the bottom of the incubator. Close the incubator and don't open again until you've either got chicks, or for five days (two days longer than the expected due date). By not opening the incubator during this critical time of their development, you are ensuring that heat and precious humidity isn't escaping.

Oh too low for them to walk around.. Hm. Take them out and place them in the brooder, I guess.... somebody else will chime in, I've never incubated eggs, just vomiting up things I've learned.

You will want to put the "net" or tray with the "legs" on it if you are going into lockdown (I am assuming) and take out the egg rolling tray and other flat net/tray so they have the most room to hatch. Fill the bottom up with warm (~100*) water (or whatever above 65%+ humidity would be for you--I usually fill up the whole bottom) but not too full so there is an air gap between each square when you are looking from the side (I am always worried they might drown if they get their beaks in the squares--I have only hatched quail though.) You won't need the other tray anymore; it's only for the egg turner. Good luck!

You will want to put the "net" or tray with the "legs" on it if you are going into lockdown (I am assuming) and take out the egg rolling tray and other flat net/tray so they have the most room to hatch. Fill the bottom up with warm (~100*) water (or whatever above 65%+ humidity would be for you--I usually fill up the whole bottom) but not too full so there is an air gap between each square when you are looking from the side (I am always worried they might drown if they get their beaks in the squares--I have only hatched quail though.) You won't need the other tray anymore; it's only for the egg turner. Good luck!
lol thank you but does lockdown mean to put them on there and not touch them till they hatch?

Yep! It's best practice not to open the incubator, but some people are quick about it and make sure the humidity stays high so they don't get a shrink-wrapped chick(s). I think I generally have had problems, but I live in a place that is fairly dry, so maybe that contributes to it. Sorry my wording wasn't great in my instructions, but hope that made sense! (I have a similar incubator, just let me know if I can clarify anything!) :)

Back
Top Bottom