I don't need no stinking parrot!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Some of you remember my Lil' Bit, a sweet little half-blind brahma that was my baby. She was killed by a hawk quite awhile back and it left a hole in my heart. Not since the loss of Lil' Bit has another chicken wormed its way into my heart quite like she did.

When DH came home from work last night he showed me pics of a 15 month old macaw that one of his work acquaintences bought down in Louisiana. DH seemed quite taken with the bird; even mentioned that he planned to keep a can of walnuts in his cruiser for him. DH was properly shocked when I told him how much the average macaw cost.

Tonight I go out to lock the chooks up and come up short, one sweet little polish pullet named Pearl. Suddenly out of nowhere Pearl lands on my shoulder. It's obvious she's enjoying being able to see for the first time since she was a chick; since she just had a "haircut". Pearl started chattering away in my ear, playing with my hair clip, playing with my glasses.

It warmed my heart so much. I thought who needs a $2,000 parrot when I have a $2.35 sweetie.
tongue2.gif

I just had to call DH at work and tell him about Pearl's antics.

Pearl sounds like a pearl of a chicken! And she can't bite your finger off like a macaw. Nor will she chew up your couch, walls, telephone........

LOVE It!
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif

She sounds just like my bantam-esque EE bonus chick, Cinder. Even grown up she jumps up on my shoulder just to talk - she has a fairly deep, creaky voice.

Quote:
They can bite your fingers off??!!
th.gif
ep.gif
sickbyc.gif
smack.gif
hide.gif

You betcha!

I once was the kennel manager for a large pet store. The owners were naive about animals and were talked into buying a african gray parrot that wasn't nearly as tame as the seller made him out to be. That bird was mean! Had everyone afraid to go near him. I was the only one willing to handle him and then only with thick gloves. I still have a scar on my left hand, just below my thumb...and that was with the gloves on.

96760_dsci0621.jpg

This is my dh and his bantam pullet polly, she flies to his shoulder and perches like a parrot every time he goes outside or comes home from work.

Oh how sweet Pearl is. She knew what Daddy was thinking. And she showed you like your caption says No parrot needed. Would love to see apicture of her.

Back
Top Bottom