I dont understand why. PICS

Those ducks are gorgeous and they look very happy on their fluffy black mat!!
smile.png

Feather Finder, I for one certainly applaud you for several things - your compassion for your animals, having the guts to make a difficult decision, and showing grace when all the world started to discuss your situation on the Internet. You seem like a lovely person and I wish you all the best!

Quote:
I had the same exact thought!

x3. If he can't commit to the lives of a couple of ducks, you need to examine this and ask yourself what other sorts of lives he won't be able to commit to. Hopefully people will be smart enough to not let him have any dog they might have to sell. I'd rehome myself and the ducks with me.

Quote:
X2! More than that when you count everything everyone else has said already. What will he do with the the puppy when it bonds more closely to you? I'm guessing this might be the case as he sounds like an insensitive cretin. Chances are, the pup will pick up on this too! People who think pets are disposable really get me PO'd.
smack.gif

Time to find a new boyfriend. You and your ducks deserve better!
hugs.gif

Sounds like a control freak to me - the ducks like you and not him...gotta go. Dog likes you and not him, he'll want to get rid of that, too. I bet you have friends he doesn't like, either, because they take you away from him. Get out while you can! It might seem hard now, but you will be so glad later. And if you find you are attracted to the same type of jerk time and time again, get yourself some help so you can have the healthy human and animal relationships we all deserve.

Best of luck to you, Feather!

Ditch the BF being mean and scaring animals is just the beginning, pluis its pretty immature in to ways to give a pet to someone knowing it will grow, and secondly to strip it away after you have loved and cared for it to satisfy his own need/bc he wants a dog. i bet there was a reason why he gave them to you in the first place and i bet it was to benefit him in some way.

I agree with the others. Your friend sounds like there is a bit of potential for him to continue to hurt you both emotionally and maybe physically. If there is a domestic violence project around where you live, maybe you could get some information about abusive relationships and how to get out of them. It is not as easy as it sounds and is absolutely a real situation. I am very glad you have friends on BYC to talk with. I hope you have other folks that you can talk to also. Take care of yourself and remember you are worth it. You deserve to have anything that you want and no one should be able to control that but you. Sending my love and remember that there are many others out there that will also care about and love you and will RESPECT you!

Back
Top Bottom