I dont understand why. PICS

You can always get more ducks when the time is right. If you love that guy i would find them a good home in the country..certainly not another apartment.

It's not really 'ducks versus guy' though, it's apparent that it's 'guy versus no guy'. Love isn't enough without respect.

Anyway.....can we see a photo of your ducks?
smile.png

Quote:
I will tell you from the heart and MEN experience, just from your post, there is more to your life you are not sharing about this MAN, and I will be the first to speak out, divorcing a MAN just like your BF, you are too young, to attractive, to intelligent, to kind, to niave, and you have the world in the palm of your own hands, your fate and destiny is your own choice, STOP THIS MADNESS NOW, and GET THE DEVIL OUT OF THAT RELATIONSHIP!! If you do not have family or friends that can help you, go to the local church or women's shelter, as far as that matters, YOU CAN COME TO MY HOUSE, but again your destiny is in the PALM OF YOUR OWN HANDS!!

Quote:
WHAT??? ARE YOU A MAN??
hmm.png
NO WAY, you have to share and respect each other in a relationship or marriage, you have to negotiate and compromise, it is 2 ducks, my god, it is not a pit bull dog with a baby in the play pen to worry about getting mauled or ate!! Relationships and marriages take daily work at improving, sharing, compromising, negotiating, understanding, love, honesty but most of all it don't take being BULLIED AROUND!!
somad.gif

Feather....youuuuu roockkkkk!!

You have more guts and brains than so many....including myself and some of my friends. You got out before things got uglier. I hope you enjoy your new, yes, YOUR...new future with your loving duckies. And someday, you will be a good mommy and wife because you can put the needs of your babies before the wants of man. May your future, the future of your ducks, be bright and full
big_smile.png

congrats,

Thegrayeyed

Wow this has turned in to a real bash thread, men take cover. It sounds like the guy was pretty nice to bring those ducks home in the 1st place. Then he realized that showing his love through an act like that was kind of stupid. Obviously he didn't realize what was involved in properly caring for those critters.

If the OP is willing to give up a relationship over some ducks then you women are right. She should get out. If the man is beating her or verbally abusing or just doing something to make her constantly feel like she has no self worth then she is in a bad relationship and should run for cover.

Quote:
WHAT??? ARE YOU A MAN??
hmm.png
NO WAY, you have to share and respect each other in a relationship or marriage, you have to negotiate and compromise, it is 2 ducks, my god, it is not a pit bull dog with a baby in the play pen to worry about getting mauled or ate!! Relationships and marriages take daily work at improving, sharing, compromising, negotiating, understanding, love, honesty but most of all it don't take being BULLIED AROUND!!
somad.gif

No im a woman...i apologize for my answer. i guess i didnt understand the whole problem. You are correct. Negotiate is a sure thing!

Quote:
As a married man and father of two children I have a definate opinion on this. My wife was abused by her first husbans. Started with controlling the money and directing her around the apartment. Restricting her consumption of cigarettes, and everything else. Limiting her ability to reach out to her friends and family. At first glance this man was not so bad, a little bit of an a** but okay in most regards. When it came to his wife he felt he had to control her at all times.

Any man who would give a pet as a gift, then without regard to the animal or the woman, change his mind and make her get rid of it has no moral fiber. This is a man who treats life as a commodity. The situation will only get worse if you were to have kids together. I would recommend you stand up to him and see what happens. He may have a true love for you and overcome his issues if he is called on the carpet about it. If he does not, get away from him while you still can. I cannot tell you how bad it is to be in a relationship with the wrong person and have kids.

God bless and keep

Jason

Quote:
I agree with you that it initially seemed like the guy was nice to bring the ducks home in the first place. But it's not so nice anymore when he has used those ducks to "control" the OP. I've been there and done that. He's trying to make her feel inferior to him, which is a sure sign of abuse. I know every situation is different, but usually that's one of the first signs. Once he makes her feel inferior, then he becomes possessive, then one day he pushes her down with the added "I'm Sorry" I'll never do that again, but YOU just made me so mad, putting the blame on her. And of course he didn't lie, because he won't "just push" her down the next time. The violence just gets worse. The first time my ex hit me it was in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. I left at 2 in the morning, with the phone call apologizing the next day with him telling me that he was just having a bad dream and didn't mean to hit me. Since he had already made me feel worthless, I went back like a dumba$$. The next time, someone had made him mad at work and by the time he got home it some how became my fault. There's a process when it comes to abuse. They beat you down emotionally and verbally until you have no self-esteem and you begin to feel that you "OWE" them for the ground you walk on. That's when the phsical abuse usually starts. This post started out with boyfriend vs ducks, but it's more than that. It's the OP's safety and wellbeing vs boyfriend. When you have been in a simular situation, it's easier to read between the lines and take in the whole picture as to what is really going on.

Featherfinder I hope for your sake that you did send him packing. I know from experience that it can be hard following through with your decision, especially if your being hounded from the ex. In a few days it will be normal for you to think "I kicked him out over a duck?? How silly is that??" but please remember that it was way more than that. I'm sure the BYC members will give you more support than what you can imagine. All you have to do is PM any one of us if you need to talk. Good Luck with your NEW life and babies.

Back
Top Bottom